ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Very nice paint and weathering job on the C-Liner. That has never been one of my favorite engines but it looks as good in CN colors as it ever could. The reporting marks look like a typical patch job to me so I don't see anything wrong with them.
Thanks. I'm modelling something closer to home maybe? The mainline is from the Maritime (staging) to Montreal (slightly modelled) and a short section of "non working track" that goes westward (Toronto). I am working on scenery along St-lawrence river including the bridge, but highly compressed.
UP2CSX wrote:
Very nice paint and weathering job on the C-Liner. That has never been one of my favorite engines but it looks as good in CN colors as it ever could. The reporting marks look like a typical patch job to me so I don't see anything wrong with them.
You have a very good point! I think even the ugliest loco would still look good in that paint scheme
The C-Liner is my first good quality loco. I bought it in 2002. I did not want to part with it and it's one of my two best puller (other is the BLI) and very reliable. So it went to the short-line I think I could have made a better job with the patch job. I'll see. I'll do some "touch up" with weathering as well. I lost some "effect" once I sealed it with Dullcoat as expected.
MLW, the lighting looks pretty good to me. I think you just need to adjust your depth of field. Sweet looking engines. I meant to ask you, on your last series of pictures, it looks like the road is collapsing. Is that the effect you want or an optical illusion?
Both actually. Optical and poor road building. I am in the process of rectifying it. I took the "concrete barrier" out, sanded the "pavement" remove some of it, pour plaster in the affected area, more sanding and now (eventually) will re-paint that portion (it will look like the real thing -like a patch-) and re-install the barrier (and improve on it). It's a big mess as you may imagine.
When I originally made the road I poured a mix of white-glue mixed in with very fine ballast (N scale) on top of the roadbed (cardboard)kinda like oatmeal consistency. When it dried it started to lift. Not as bad a the pictures but bad enough.
The Steam Generator Car from Rapidotrains has made it's debut at the BOeC.
Haven't tried the steam or lights yet.
It is an awesome car in line with Rapido reputation of well detailed and accurate paint scheme rr cars.
----------------------------------------------
CN Passenger train from Montreal en route to Quebec city about to arrive at the St-Hyacinthe station.
.
.