ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I hope this is the right area for this thread. I'm not showin' off, trust me.
I took a few photos of a section for my layout while it was on it's side. It made doing the wiring and installing switch machines a lot easier. I have finished the wiring and it is ready to go back on it's feet once I get a buddy here. This section is a peninsula in the center of an "O". This is the first time I've posted pics so I hope it works!
Yep, a capacitor discharge circuit that I don't think made any difference over plain old 16 volt AC. I did circuit "B" but did not notice any difference with or without it. r=220 Ohm 1/2 watt, trans MJE3055, diode 1n5400, and cap 2200uf, love the size of that cap! I used it as the base. Edit: Forgot to add that this is a DC circuit that I run from my fixed DC lugs on my transformer which measure at 22.5 volts, seems a bit high to me. I may go back to the AC lugs (16 volts) and delete the circuit.