That one item you have always been after

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


High Speed Kurt

Gone Railin!
What is it?

For me, I have been wanting a Proto 2000 SD60M in Norfolk Southern forever. The standard cabs are widely available, I like them so much I bought a third one, and changed the number. For some reason the widecabs are scarce.

I FINALLY got one on ebay last night for a decent price ($68 plus shipping) The unit is weathered. I cant wait til I get it in the mail.

Attached a pic from ebay. :D

What are you chasing?

Kurt
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mo money.

Okay, okay, I'd love a good clean brass Santa Fe 5000 2-10-4. Actually, if they ever release one, I'd also like the brass hybrid Union 4-12-2 from BLI. I suspect I won't have any teeth left before that happens.
 
For the past year or so: an HO scale resin-cast B&O I-5 caboose. Used to be plenty available thru the B&O RR Historical Society 'company store' while I was still modeling CSX. Now they're nowhere to be found.

Here's what I'll do: Scratch-build one, then Spring Mills will announce their own version ~3 months later!:rolleyes:;)
 


A center cab 65 ton Whitcomb engine in Maryland Midland!!
1987110903.jpg
 
For me, its a NS SD40-2 3329, the Maresk Sealand one. Almost got one a few days ago, but some other bidder got it at the last second. No I wait a few more months to find one.
 
For me it's a Overland Brass Jordan Spreader, flanger, Russell plow and Schnabel. I know they make the plow and Schnabel in plastic, but the brass ones are soooooo nice.
 
A "selectively compressed" ho well car and to scale containers that looked and ran good on 18" curves.

I have taken the miter saw to some and 3d designed some with decent results but man, if only tyco would come back and make one.
 
Very rare, but I would love to get one of these in brass with a coal tender - it is a CNR 4-6-0

Also a CN Jordon Spreader made by Overland Models.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


What is it?

For me, I have been wanting a Proto 2000 SD60M in Norfolk Southern forever. The standard cabs are widely available, I like them so much I bought a third one, and changed the number. For some reason the widecabs are scarce.

I FINALLY got one on ebay last night for a decent price ($68 plus shipping) The unit is weathered. I cant wait til I get it in the mail.

Attached a pic from ebay. :D

What are you chasing?

Kurt

Nice model. Be sure to show us it when you get it.
 
C.B.&Q. F3A & B set in "Q" passenger scheme...if Athearn can ever get them in-country! Had one ordered since last March, and they are "promised" not earlier than March 2013. :(
 
Nice find Kurt!
Right now I'm digging for some code 83 flex, it's rare!

I guess my "unicorn" would be a CNR transfer van.
There's one on Feebay right now but I just can't justify a few hun for one car when I need more important goodies at this time...
 
Right now I have have been trying to find a pair of Atlas U23B's in the orange CSX MOW scheme. I already have my OMI CN Spreader and transfer van:D
 
hummmm well mth big boy buutttttt thanks to sean AKA irocinblue89 i got 1 :) so i dont really have anything else , let me think ???
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top