TCS Wow Sound Steam

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mattchu60

Member
I thought I would share that I bought one of these Steam Decoders from TCS a week ago - I am very impressed with it. I have a mix of QSI and Tsunami Decoders in my steam engines right now, and I really enjoy running the TCS a lot more - the prototypical performance is kind of fun (applying the brakes, the drifting when decelerating). Also the whistle choices are awesome.

One thing I found - not sure if others have seen this - I like to run my engines on the quiet side - the chuff sound would not adjust for me either on CV or Audio assist mode. I thought something was wrong with it and was ready to send it in for repair, I called tech support and apparently its a known issue and there is a specific CV set that needs to be entered to fix this. I don't have it with me a the moment. I thought I would share this in case others are having issues with the loud chuff.
 
It would be very helpful if you could track the CVs down, or point us to where we might find them.
 
Here are the CV's to quiet the chuff if everything else is not working.

CV 201- 4
CV 202- 15
CV 203 - 0
CV 204 - a number between 0-8. 0 is loud, 8 is quiet.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top