ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I ran across a thread here yesterday where some suggested using old t shirts and glue instead of paper towels/plaster cloth.
has anyone tried this method?
I ran across a thread here yesterday where some suggested using old t shirts and glue instead of paper towels/plaster cloth.
has anyone tried this method?
No, I have not.
I can't think of any issue there would be with using T-shirts instead of towels with the plaster, but what sort of glue are they talking about? I cannot think of any sort of glue that would make a good scenery base.
The only issue is, what if you don't have enough T-shirts? Then it could get expensive!
I think the post I saw said they used regular Elmer's glue, bought it in like a 5 gallon bucket. Also, I have plenty of t shirts.
I think the post I saw said they used regular Elmer's glue,
I don't think Elmer's glue would make a good scenery base. Won't it get sticky and start dissolving any time water is applied (or spilled) on it like when applying ground cover and ballast? As far as I know it can't be sculpted like foam or plaster. Then in the long term (10-20 years) it will get brittle and crack up. Lastly wouldn't that be be outrageously expensive? 4 lbs of plaster is $4.00. A gallon of glue is $20.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)