switcher lights

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


bgoatsw

Member
I wanted to say how much ive enjoyed reading the forum and all the expertise and helpfulness this forum has. I am new to forum but have been into HO for several years and all the talk of adding details to Locos has inspired me.:) I have a die-cast metal switcher, believe it to be made by Cary? The headlights on it are just molded metal and I dont really wanna try drilling holes in them so i can add lights to it. I was hoping to add lights to the top of the cab and above the fronts lights. I have looked at several detail companies but cant tell if i can get a bulb to the added light that i put on it. Any help will be great, Thanks
 
Take a look at surface mount LEDs. I would think that they were made for a situation just like this.

Drilling out the body IS another option. But I would do this using a drill press and some high speed bits. Its not really hard to do, but can be a pain trying to keep the holes straight for the bulbs.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top