Sweethome Alabama on the road again

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Sweethome Alabama was a visitor to Hartlepool Model Railway Show last weekend. Everything went together as intended and the layout worked well throughout the 2-day show. Many favourable comments were received from Joe Public, especially regarding the trees, which is no mean feat for a US-outline layout at a British show.

Here are some photos taken at the show, shot in natural daylight, which is quite a rarity for a model railway show, being more used to being shown in a windowless sports hall.

IMG_30351.JPG


IMG_30371.JPG


IMG_30401.JPG


IMG_3071.JPG


IMG_30422.JPG


IMG_30322.JPG



Jon
 
A few more photos from the show. I don't usually get the opportunity to photograph the layout from above.

IMG_30691.JPG


IMG_30614.JPG


IMG_30941.JPG



The fiddle yards in action, including some of the hurriedly-completed cabooses I knocked together for the show

IMG_30592.JPG


IMG_31011.JPG


IMG_31101.JPG


Jon
 
looks good Jon!!! I am using a tip of yours that I found on the web awhile ago I am building two Kato NW2s on BLI sw-7 frames!!
 
looks good Jon!!! I am using a tip of yours that I found on the web awhile ago I am building two Kato NW2s on BLI sw-7 frames!!

Interesting modification. Wish I could help with how I did mine, but it's so long ago I've completely forgotten what I did

IMG_1833.JPG


Good luck with the body swap

Jon
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top