Stubborn Blue Box Paint

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


The price for one of his basic paint jobs starts above $800, and right now, there is a 3 year backlog. (He's IMHO the best brass painter in the country, and even now he still makes Alan and I look like rank beginners. Sorry Alan.:o)

That the fellow that does Overland's work? Don't be sorry, he is very good! ;) There is alsways somebody better. That's the nature of the beast.
 
That the fellow that does Overland's work? Don't be sorry, he is very good! ;) There is alsways somebody better. That's the nature of the beast.

Nope, not Gwynne. David C. living now in I think Milton, Fl. I first met him in my home town when I was 16 years old. Hung with him as much as possible until I went to college. Then low and behold, 2 years after college, he shows up in Mobile! Taught me a lot of the basics. Told me, he couldn't teach technique, as that requires a bit of creativity, which is different from person to person. (Not sure I said that right, but I hope you understand).

I probably ought to be concerned, him first in Selma, then Mobile, then Birmingham for a while, all during the times I was in those same places. I mean afterall, he did work for the Federal Guv'mint as an investigator/law enforcement officer. Wonder what the dossier he built on me says?????:rolleyes:
 
I'm not familiar with him or his work, though I have approached his price ranges several times ;). There seem to be fewer and fewer brass painters these days, as there is not shortage of business if you want it.
 
Two things.. one comment and one question.

I work for NS, and the other day I was on a geep. Walking around my geep I could see where they painted over the Southern paint scheme. I could see underneath the NS black paint the outline of the stripe that goes around the engine and also the outline of "southern" on the long hood. I thought to myself, all the time I spent stripping my engines and here I find out that in real life they just paint OVER the previous scheme!!!

question - What have you guys found out works good for stripping Kato and Proto units ???? stone
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top