ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Move to a UP town that has an historical railroad as well and I suppose you start thinkin in strange ways, sheets of foam and plywood appear on the dining room table one winter, your wife is less than understanding...
But as I pointed out, it's not nearly as dangerous as some of the other hobby's I flirt with, I haven't told her about my idea for a G scale turbine of course.
So far I've managed to actually start an 8' X 6' L shaped N gauge in my cave, and I seem to have been accumulating an awful lot of HO gear for something that could as large as 16 X 12 in the garage.
Welcome Brother, we've been waiting for you!

This forum is the opposite of AA. We encourage you to embrace your addiction.

Welcome! I saw your other post with the ISU poster and curious to where you are in Iowa. I myself am in SE Iowa along the Mississippi.
G scale turbine... with a real turbine in it?
Welcome to the forum.

Well, they do make scale turbine engines for RC jets I believe, all a matter of sanity...
Hi and welcome to the Forum. I am a new guy myself.
I once nearly got stranded in Iowa - Cedar Rapids.
I flew from the UK to fix a Fieldbus system ( Industrial DCC ) in january a few years ago and just managed to catch the last flight out due to snow and then got stranded in Chicago.
Bad news was that I could not fix the problem that was so obscure that it took the technical guys of the Fieldbus system to find the problem.
I model UP in H0 here in the UK midlands.
Colin.
Welcome! I saw your other post with the ISU poster and curious to where you are in Iowa. I myself am in SE Iowa along the Mississippi.
We split the middle along the Des Moines in Boone, 15 miles east of Ames till ya hear banjo music.
BSVRR
Welcome, I'm a couple hours north of you on I-35.
We split the middle along the Des Moines in Boone, 15 miles east of Ames till ya hear banjo music.
It's nice to see fellow Iowans on this board! I hail from the little town of Osceola, where I35 and Highway 34 & 69 intersect right next to the BNSF and the Amtrack California Zephyr line.
Plan on spending some time down your way this summer camera in hand, doing a series on state parks for a fund raiser, maybe you can point me to some local spots?
I might be of a little help depending on where your going. Just let me know when you going to be in the area.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)