Special Locomotive coming in the mail!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Amtrak47

Member
Have a very special (customized) ho scale locomotive coming in the mail this week! Theres a little pic to give ya'll a hint on what it is ;) Heads up, I take NO credit for the work done to it!


6279204802_c1cc72d10c.jpg
 

Attachments

  • MBTAgp40mcleft.gif
    MBTAgp40mcleft.gif
    742 bytes · Views: 596
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm not sure if I personally like the color scheme, however, it is going to be a one of a kind and is impressive. Me thinks it may have something to do "breast cancer" perhaps?
 
Nice photo. It looks almost like the real thing.
Are you getting the commuter cars that it pulls?
 
OK .. From a dummy on diesels ( anything after the GP-35's and U25b's ), just what is that thing?
It sort of has a SD-45 look, but BB trucks.
I like the paint! Waiting to see the model.
 
I'm not sure if I personally like the color scheme, however, it is going to be a one of a kind and is impressive. Me thinks it may have something to do "breast cancer" perhaps?

Good guess! but it's actually the current paint scheme of the MBTA locomotives "Lightning bolt scheme" :D
 


OK .. From a dummy on diesels ( anything after the GP-35's and U25b's ), just what is that thing?
It sort of has a SD-45 look, but BB trucks.
I like the paint! Waiting to see the model.

GP40MC, originally CN GP40-2s but later sold to MBTA and rebuilt for commuter service.
 
I'm not sure if I personally like the color scheme, however, it is going to be a one of a kind and is impressive. Me thinks it may have something to do "breast cancer" perhaps?


I think that is actually the MBTA's (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) standard scheme. At least every time I have been on the "T" that is what I have noticed.
 
At first, I thought it looked like of of these units used by the MARC (Maryland Transportation Authority - not sure what the acronym stands for:confused:):

MARC%2053.jpg


...but on closer inspection I see that's definitely not the case!
 
G'day...great looking loco...initially I thought it was an SD60 or 70 version with the cab look and the flared fans until I saw the wheel arrangement...Was it hard to find initially. ?.My all time favourite locomotive is the SD 40-2 as it was but it lost something for me when they put the Wide Cab and called it an SD40-2W..But thats just me.This looks great though..Cheers Rod
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top