Spark/ short on 1022 switch with lighted caboose

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


fireman00

New Member
I'm a newbie here, the O gauge bug bit me again this year after a 30 year layoff. I've got a 12'x6' table, 1/2" plywood topped with 1" blue insulation sheets. I'm working on a pretty basic layout; however, I'm running into an issue.

I bought a couple of manual 1022 switches to use on my layout. They throw fine but I'm having an issue. When the lighted caboose goes over the switch there's a nasty spark and the locomotive stops, this does not happen with any other of the cars or the engine. If I use an non-lighted caboose things run fine.

It appears that for whatever reason the caboose is causing a short. This is an 027 set running on 027 switch. Any idea what might be causing this? Should I be isolating one of the outside rails? Thanks in advance!
 
Does it do that with other lighted cabooses? If the locomotive and other powered cars don't cause it to short, then it is probably something with the caboose. What is the number on this caboose?
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top