Some cars for the junk yard.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Sorry to rub it in so bad BUT you are right about the sounds of a hopped flathead , ever hear an Ardun Flathead? The are Jazzy!~! Another couple of beautiful engine sounds are a hot Olds V8 running unmuffeled , they have a strange ( as compared to other GM V8's firing order and a sound all their own, also a Riley overhead converted 4 cyl. model A 0r B motor -- ever hear an Arial square 4 motorcycle motor ?- thats how a Riley sounds. ALL sweet music!
Bet we soon get told this is a TRAIN HOBBY SITE! :eek:
Dave

We've got a local midget racer restoration club somewhere here, had a display at the "big" shopping centre a few months back. There was a V860'd one among them, several with the early small Holden, chevy based 6's and model A/B's (no Riley conversions, pity). Have seen an Ardun OHV but not heard, do remember the square 4's though. (and so as to validate this post) The sound of a Deisel loco notching up as it gathers speed from the station just down the way (specially when the wind's from the soutwest) is one of lifes great moments and what I look for in a sound decoder system.
 
Great work! I've tried a bit, gluing stuff into cheap Bachmann cars and then poking at them with a soldering iron, but my stuff's nowhere near your level.
 
Great work! I've tried a bit, gluing stuff into cheap Bachmann cars and then poking at them with a soldering iron, but my stuff's nowhere near your level.
Hey RW&C, what happened to your transfer table diorama?


Mike
 


No worries.....we are just a hot rod/junker diorama in the middle of a big train layout.....they know that! :p

Here is some trains. That's us out in the middle somewhere....use your imagination.


Railfan , Thanks for pulling that chestnut out of the fire for me !:);)
I love your train set --- errr ----umm----err -- Layout , layout thats the word I was looking for! :eek:
 
Railfan , Thanks for pulling that chestnut out of the fire for me !:);)
I love your train set --- errr ----umm----err -- Layout , layout thats the word I was looking for! :eek:
Yeah well, you're welcome and thanks.......my layout has a ways to go. It's actually in boxes right now...waiting to move to a different dwelling. But big plans are in the works for after I get moved....and I just aquirred a slightly used mrc prodigy DCC system for the price of shipping only...and it's been shipped....so I'm excited! :)


Mike
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top