So new to Model Railroading I don't know where to start

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I have to put my 2 cents worth in. In my opinion I think you should pick up an Atlas layout book. I know some people don't like Atlas but I think their books really help a beginner and go step by step to build a quality layout. I started back in this hobby about 4 years ago after being away from it since 1978. Atlas books really help me understand a lot. My first layout 4 years ago I bought off of ebay and it was 1/4 finished, was an Atlas plan. I expanded it with another plan from Atlas and just made some modifications. Now I have torn down the layout , kept part of it and am adding another Atlas design to it and of course I have modified that. With all the reading and things I have learned I am building a better quality layout now and all thanks to things I learned from the Atlas books. Layout book #13 ( Seven step-by-step Ho railroads) is a great book. It will help you a lot and will cost under $10.00.

You can look at my progress from my link below. My old layout was pretty good but this one I feel will be great. No matter what this is a great hobby. I hope this helps a bit and I know these guys in this forum are a big help too.

Good Luck
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top