Sick to my stomach.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Are you using the Bachmann EZ Command?

And if you were going to try it anyways, why ask?

The Bachmann EZ Command is made by Lenz if I'm not mistaken. If it is, then it uses the same "messaging" system as digitrax for communications. Most brands are not compatible with each other. If you had a Lenz throttle, you probably would get erratic operation if any at all on a digitrax system. Using throttles from other brands is also a great way to void your warranty should the bachmann controllers do any damage to your digitrax system.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No, I am not using the bachmann ez command.

I didn't know when I asked that I was going to try it. Someone else told me that it should work.

I am using the bachmann 46605a speed controllers in tandem with my digitrax system. I may have misrepresented what controller I was trying to use with the digitrax system. As far as the warranty, I bought the system used so there is no warranty.

Didn't mean to upset you if that is the case, just thought it was a good bit of information to have.
 


The 46605a is not a DCC controller. It's a DC powerpack.

You may burn something out if you run DC and DCC on the same rails (and if you have decoders that run on both DC and DCC, they may get confused and run away, or some decoders may burn), unless you have a Zephyr, and you wired the powerpack to the back of the Zephyr in one of the two jump ports. When wired into the two jump ports, they can be used as DCC throttles.

Just be sure not to atempt to run DCC only (without DC mode) locomotives on a DC track. I've smoked a decoder that way.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of these days I will learn to put all the info in a response! :o I have it wired exactly like you described and yes it is a zephyr. I followed wiring diagram to the "T" to ensure that I did not burn anything up. Thank you for the info though.
 
All's well that ends well.....
Got a recipe for those tatters..?? :D


LOL, dice up an ample amount of taters, put in heavy duty tin foil add diced onion, garlic powder, butter and black pepper. Either put in oven at about 375 for about an hour and a half (multiple taste tests require....;) ) OR put on the grill with lid closed for about an hour before you toss on meat of your choice. These things are the stuff that killed elvis himself! Oh, and spray the tinfoil with PAM or other non stick spray before adding taters!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top