ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Speaking of cats, I have a friend with several cats, and I constantly have to disassemble his N scale steamers to clean the hair out of the gears and journal boxes, not to mention his rolling stock. I hope you don't have the same problems. Nice cat by the way
I share a room with two female roommates, and the hobby shop / workshop look would simply clash too much with the rest of the room's decor, so most of my trains sleep hidden away in the top dresser drawer. It happens to be just the perfect height - coincidence, or divine intention? On the top of the dresser is a revolving mini-scene that changes every couple days, here's the current incarnation:
Since I got rid of sooo many engines this past season I cut down on engine space storage in my trainroom.
There's still about 6 engines not in any of the displays. I leave them on the layout.
Well after getting divorced 3 years ago and moving last year in December from Florida to New York. My "MR stuff" still resides in an climate controled storage unit. Sadly I have yet to find a place more permanent to live in so I can get back into hobby full time but I still lurk here to keep in touch with the hobby. I pray after the election the economy may turn for the better and all will be better for everyone. ugh the job market is tough I am still working but my contract runs out soon and will be on the hunt again and may be moving again ugh. Mean time I miss my MR stuff.......
Since I got rid of sooo many engines this past season I cut down on engine space storage in my trainroom.
There's still about 6 engines not in any of the displays. I leave them on the layout.
Since this picture was taken in April of 2011 there's 31 in those 2 display shelves that have been sold or traded & I don't have those shelves anymore. All my engines are on the layout on sidings or in the yard.
Since this picture was taken in April of 2011 there's 31 in those 2 display shelves that have been sold or traded & I don't have those shelves anymore. All my engines are on the layout on sidings or in the yard.
Since this picture was taken in April of 2011 there's 31 in those 2 display shelves that have been sold or traded & I don't have those shelves anymore. All my engines are on the layout on sidings or in the yard.
Unfortunately I don't have a layout so stuck with everything in boxes. Locos I try to keep in original boxes and for most of my cars I put them in A-Line boxes / totes. I do keep the original boxes for them for when the time comes to sell them or at least for the RTR cars as I toss Athearn and Walthers Kit boxes.
For protecting my rolling stock, I discovered that juice drink mix containers work very well. I purchase them frequently, and the plastic boxes turn out to be just the right size for most HO cars.