Show us your weathered boxcars and covered hoppers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


IMG_6732.JPG

IMG_6730.JPG
 


Little bump here...there's some really nice work in this thread. Good job to all.

Here's a Micro-trains N scale car I recently revisited because I didn't like the first attempt. I reworked the roof because the rust looked a little too fresh, and I highlighted the rivet detail. I also took a little off the ends, which were too heavy.

Starting point:

MWR 005.JPG




And the reworked version:




6157124902_77a18279ed_b.jpg


6157125022_2420e05a5c_b.jpg


6156583209_3580fc211b_b.jpg
 
I can't even come close to some of you guys. But here is a couple of efforts I completed this weekend.

P1000732_1.jpg


P1000731_1.jpg
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top