Show us your weathered boxcars and covered hoppers

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hi,
Here are my first works by using an airbrush:


































..and here are the cars on on the run on my layout:













 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Frank -

Your weathering looks very good to me. I like it!

And your English is far better than my German!

- Jeff
 


Doesn' t erhalten viel besser als dieses Frankie. Große schauende Modelle.:D

Hi Brad,
Thank you for your comment but I cannot understand these words.:rolleyes:
In this case my english is better than your german;)....

Give it a second try(maybe in english?)...:D

Frank
 
Hi Brad,
Thank you for your comment but I cannot understand these words.:rolleyes:
In this case my english is better than your german;)....

Give it a second try(maybe in english?)...:D

Frank

Figures, damn internet translators.:rolleyes: It was suppose to read "Doesn't get much better than this Frankie. Great looking models.":D

I guess I will just stick with the English.
 
CSX:
csxa.jpg


CSX with graffiti:
sbdi.jpg


SPFE reefer (Genesis trucks weren't weathered because the weathering may affect the rolling ability):
reefer.jpg


Not weathered:
whiteg.jpg


Lightly weathered:
weathered.jpg


Oops, this one caught fire:
firews.jpg
 
great thread!!...no layout right now but here is a series of hoppers i completed last week..all retro fitted with kadees and steel wheels. i have about a dozen box car BB kits to start on next. always trying to improve.

GEDC1320.jpg

bachman shell plastics. i got frustrated with the reporting marks thats why they are crooked. i think ill graffiti this car:D

GEDC1321.jpg

athearn BB kit

GEDC1322.jpg

accurail kit

GEDC1323.jpg

BB kit

GEDC1324.jpg


GEDC1325.jpg


GEDC1326.jpg


and my old athearn f7a for the test drive...
GEDC1327.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Here's one that I finished up a few weeks ago. It's not based on any specific car...I basically used it for trying out a few different things (safety stripes, oils, repaired roof panels). I'm not that happy with the roof, but I learned a few things for the next one.

Before:
IMG_2781.JPG

After:
IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG


And here's one that I showed earlier in the thread, just finished touching a few things up:
IMG_3477.JPG
 
Here's one that I finished up a few weeks ago. It's not based on any specific car...I basically used it for trying out a few different things (safety stripes, oils, repaired roof panels). I'm not that happy with the roof, but I learned a few things for the next one.

Before:
IMG_2781.JPG

After:
IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG


And here's one that I showed earlier in the thread, just finished touching a few things up:
IMG_3477.JPG

how much u charge to do a boxcar? i love ur work!
 
A few shots of my growing fleet of wheatered cars......








Two different Cotton Belt ACF hoppers....








For these cars I just wanted to create a dusty look.......



















The following cars are "just for fun" and not perfect projects,they have no real prototype.These older bachmann cars were a gift from a friend who found them in a old box in a dusty corner of his basement.
The Safeway car was an idea fom my kids because they wanted to have a memory of our "favourite" supermarket of our trips to California.(Please note,I don`t want to start a discussion about shopping habits ....;)
I've printed the Safeway and Salinas Valley logo for myself on clear decal paper.







Two more "no cost" Bachmann cars.
Not well detailed but they're making a good figure between the other cars in a longer train







More to come,
Frank
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top