Show us your special rides

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you just picked a subject I LOVE!!!!!:D


Heres the current rides.

1998 mustang LX coupe
IMG00116.jpg


1989 mustang LX 5.0 (with some extras:D) Built by me from a bare rolling chassis.
DSC00161.jpg


1991 mustang LX 5.0 vert (new top sitting in the garage waiting for me to put on)
IMG00267.jpg



Also got a 1988 mustang GT hatchback thats gonna be another ground up build. I will also be putting t-tops in this one as I have a roof from a wrecked one, and dont wanna spend the money on what the 87-88 t-top stangs are going for now. So Im a do it my self.


heres a few of em that I owned in the past.

1989 LX 4cyl
IMG00235.jpg


1987 GT
sideexhaust.jpg



All cars seen have been built from ground up by me except the vert, the 89 4cyl and the 98 coupe.

I usually start with a bare rolling chassis or a crashed one and go from there. The 87 GT seen in the last pic was a roll over with 70K that I fixed.

Besides whats shown ive owned about 14-15 other stangs all 87-93 fox bodys of course along with a 87 & an 88 T-top. Those who know stangs know they are somewhat rare especially 88's

I got my first stang at the age of 17 which i built my self & took 6-8 months before it was completed. Now Ill be 29 tommarow and ive owned nothing but stangs since then except for one 94 cougar V-8 & a 93 & 94 Ford F-150

Thanks for starting this thread, ya think I like trains ya wanna see my mustang diecast collection LOL.

Ok next......
 
Had some fun with this---

Split driving with buddy who owns a hot rodding place---mine is a '63 comet with a 390---next year it be out!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Those are sweet rides guys. Love the 'stangs and the Zs but, ahhh.... aren't there any more Mopars out there?????:confused:

I feel so ALONE!:D:D:D
 
WHATTTT???? Whats up with all these Mustang's guys? ewwww lol

Ill have to get some pictures up this weekend of some real muscle. Its not my car, but its my dads, a souped 2004 Pontiac GTO. I know we have some pictures somewhere, but i cant find them right now, so ill just snap some new pics this weekend and post em up :D
 
WHATTTT???? Whats up with all these Mustang's guys? ewwww lol

Ill have to get some pictures up this weekend of some real muscle. Its not my car, but its my dads, a souped 2004 Pontiac GTO. I know we have some pictures somewhere, but i cant find them right now, so ill just snap some new pics this weekend and post em up :D

You're kidding right? :D

Our T/A ate one of those hard...
 
The Critter Corral. Mig & Tig welds. Stainless, Steel & some mix. These are larger than life animals.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WHATTTT???? Whats up with all these Mustang's guys? ewwww lol

Ill have to get some pictures up this weekend of some real muscle. Its not my car, but its my dads, a souped 2004 Pontiac GTO. I know we have some pictures somewhere, but i cant find them right now, so ill just snap some new pics this weekend and post em up :D


Whats with all the mustang guys??? They know a real car thats all there is to it.:cool:

GTO ='s glorified chevy cavalier LMAO.

how long did GM's GTO idea last....... not long at all I dont think they were as popular as GM hoped they would be.



he...he...he...he
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Whats with all the mustang guys??? They know a real car thats all there is to it.:cool:

GTO ='s glorified chevy cavalier LMAO.

how long did GM's GTO idea last....... not long at all I dont think they were as popular as GM hoped they would be.



he...he...he...he


LMAO yes you have it right, the new GTO's didnt sell as well as GM hoped they would. Hence the reason they have stopped production on them now. They were around from i believe 2003 to 2008. The GTO's came 400 HP stock, which was alot for a car to come stock a couple years ago. Its also a good thing that they are not so popular though, at least for people who own them (not GM). One you dont see a million of them like you do Mustang's, and two, when someone trys to race you, they have no idea whats under the hood and they are stunned when their doors are blown off (no not literally lol) and they are left in the dust and finally catch up later on down the road when you let them :p
 
LMAO yes you have it right, the new GTO's didnt sell as well as GM hoped they would. Hence the reason they have stopped production on them now. They were around from i believe 2003 to 2008. The GTO's came 400 HP stock, which was alot for a car to come stock a couple years ago. Its also a good thing that they are not so popular though, at least for people who own them (not GM). One you dont see a million of them like you do Mustang's, and two, when someone trys to race you, they have no idea whats under the hood and they are stunned when their doors are blown off (no not literally lol) and they are left in the dust and finally catch up later on down the road when you let them :p

Actually the 04's had the LS1 (350hp)

The 05-06's has the LS2 (400hp)

We would've bought a 05 but I don't like the fact that the monaro (gto) :D doesn't have a folding back seat since the gas tank is right behind the seats
 
Larry, you've got some real talent with metal. I wish I could do things like that.

Rico, I had a 1976 IH Scout. Probably one of the worst vehicles ever made in terms of driver comfort but it would go anywhere and get you back again. I had it until 1991 and sold it with 181,000 miles, still running like a champ. That '62 is a sweet looking truck.

Karl, too bad they don't make those Rangers any longer. They were great trucks. Yours looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

Bigford, I'll bet that Camaro can snap you neck when you tromp on it. :)

Karl, pretty nice looking car for an econobox.

SGS, what exactly is that car?

Looks like more than few people like the Camaro. It was never my favorite car but the I-Rock model sure was a heck of of a fast car. I tried to chase one in a Crown Vic and all I saw was tailights after about two minutes. :eek:
 
well as ya can tell by my screen name i really am stang crazy, its actually how me and my now fiance met & it was over the internet LOL see Mustangs bring people together what more does it need to do...ha ha.

yes i dislike anything GM but i wont stand there and tell the next guy that does like em that they are the biggest piles ever. Everyone has there likes and dislikes.

I feel they build cheap cars and some of there designs on stuff makes ya wanna smack your head against a wall, I say this only because of my experiance in the auto mechanic profession if it were not for GM id have no job LOL.

Not saying the other Co's havent built some humdingers cuz they have.

I do like some chrysler/dodge products & would own one if there was no ford.
 
I do like some chrysler/dodge products & would own one if there was no ford.

Boy that really hurts.:D

Many years ago, I was behind a car that had a personalized license plate that read: N ROLL. I followed him for a while and was trying to figure out what that meant. Finally I noticed that the car was an IROC. Best license plate to car combo I ever saw.;)
 
1966 Chevelle SS396. Im not a numbers guy so to me, stock is boring. Engine is coded for an 66 Impala but it is the same 325HP 396 engine the Chevelle got. Warmed it over to 400 plus. 4 Speed transmission with buckets and factory console. Looks nice in the picture but needs some floor pan and trunk pan work so I took it off the road in 05 and plan to do a full frame off restoration on it. The engine was using some oil leading up to that time so I am planning to go through that as well.

ATTACH]


Next is a 1969 Chevelle SS I picked up as obviously a project in June of 08. It actually is nicer in person then it looks in the picture. It is an original big block, automatic car. Black bucket seats, console, Lemans blue with black vinyl top. Will need quarter panels and the trunk floor is shot. But thats about par for the course with a 40 year old project car. Everything thats not on the car in the picture was included with it. I have been looking for a solid 69 Chevelle SS for a long long time and this was a dream come true for me, to at least have a good project on my hands. Been collecting parts for over a year now.

IMG_2559Small.png


On another note. As far as posts like these not being well recieved here. I can assure you there are a lot of car forums that get plenty of guys posting about not related subjects all the time. Even model railroad related posts. Seen several of them myself.:)
 
Well I have to stick up for the 2 wheelers!!

First up is my 2005 Kawasaki Concours. It is basically a KZ1000 dressed up for the prom.

100_0204.jpg


I traded my Concours in for a 2006 Honda GoldWing (level 3, six speaker 80watt amp, GPS, heated seats and grips). And look, the blond comes with it!!!! It basically has everything on it but the kitchen sink. ;) And at 3 years, 2 months old, has 74,000 miles on it. More than most 4 wheelers put on in that time.

100_4134.jpg


And finally, my 1978 Honda Z50 Super Bee!! The 50cc motor was replaced with a 125cc motor. Last time I ran it, it pulled my big ole butt at 55 mph.

100_0758.jpg


PS the Wing hasn't found a Stang yet that it didn't eat for lunch!!! ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Boy that really hurts.:D

Many years ago, I was behind a car that had a personalized license plate that read: N ROLL. I followed him for a while and was trying to figure out what that meant. Finally I noticed that the car was an IROC. Best license plate to car combo I ever saw.;)

LOL well i guess i could get a bike.
 


The 1972 Z-28 RS Camaro is a real special ride in our family. Thanks, Tom ! :)

Oh man, seeing that photo reminded my of the one that I had the chance to purchase from a guy (who made Sand Rail Movies) which looked almost exactly like yours for only $1,800. He just wanted it gone and I was just a stupid boy believing that I needed a truck.

Here what I have or should I say had. I have now sold it to make way for a family wagon. Oh the great sacrifices a guy has to make.

IM002447.jpg


P.S. That's my boy Jared at the Summit of Cajon Pass
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top