Show us your snow and MOW equipment!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Rico, too bad the grinder never made it to this side of the pond. From the photos it looks well done. Maybe once I finish the mill area I will start a LORAM traim...what the heck, its only money and time....
 


I have just one crane on my layout, so far, its the Athearn one that seems to have been around for years. However I borrowed an idea from the Altoona Railroaders Museum, and used a cut down mail car as a tender to the crane.

I made a simular Crane tender out of a riverossi combine:
finished2.jpg


I also have a complete walthers work train and an old MDC Harriman baggage car I made into a materials car. If anybody wants I'll post the entire train.
 
I made a simular Crane tender out of a riverossi combine:
finished2.jpg


I also have a complete walthers work train and an old MDC Harriman baggage car I made into a materials car. If anybody wants I'll post the entire train.

I would like to see it if you wouldn't mind I am thinkin of making a MOW train for the LATX out of EMD F7A with various track cleaning cars behind it and superdetail them out not certain tho because I been seeing some other cheaper ideas lol
 
Okay, here it is:

Leading is my P2K SD-7 in a fantasy CNR scheme:
Shadow041.png

Shadow044.png


A Materials car made out of an MDC Harriman baggage car:
Shadow045.png


These are all the Walthers work train cars:

Dry stores:
Shadow046.png


Bunk Car:
Shadow047.png


Kitchen Car:
Shadow048.png


Engineering Car:
Shadow049.png


Work Flat:
Shadow050.png


Tender for fuel and water for the crane:
Shadow057.png


Athearn 250 ton crane:
Shadow056.png

Shadow054.png


Crane tender/ idler car
Shadow055.png


Caboose:
Shadow058.png


This is probably more of a wreck train, than a regular MOW train though.
 
CNRGLEN, That is a wonderful and beautiful consit honestly its detail very nice, I hope my NCPU cars come out that nice .lol
 


Okay, here it is:

Leading is my P2K SD-7 in a fantasy CNR scheme:
Shadow041.png

Shadow044.png


A Materials car made out of an MDC Harriman baggage car:
Shadow045.png


These are all the Walthers work train cars:

Dry stores:
Shadow046.png


Bunk Car:
Shadow047.png


Kitchen Car:
Shadow048.png


Engineering Car:
Shadow049.png


Work Flat:
Shadow050.png


Tender for fuel and water for the crane:
Shadow057.png


Athearn 250 ton crane:
Shadow056.png

Shadow054.png


Crane tender/ idler car
Shadow055.png


Caboose:
Shadow058.png


This is probably more of a wreck train, than a regular MOW train though.

That's really neat. I like the tender with the crane. Where did you get the tender?
 
That's really neat. I like the tender with the crane. Where did you get the tender?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, been out of the loop for a bit. Are you refering to the actual tender, or the Idler car?
The Tender is just a swap meet surplus item that I repainted and decaled. The Idler car is a riverossi Combination baggage/coach that I cut the coach section down, and added the interior to. It doesn't run on my layout since it's a scale 80' long and won't work on the curves, but then again I haven't seen very many athearn cranes running around people's layouts either
 
So far I have two cranes to do the heavy lifting... :)

A Brownhoist...

IMG_4205.jpg



...and a 6 wheel Barnhart...

IMG_4692.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top