Show us your loading ramps

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


zoegraf

Craftsman at heart
I'm looking for ideas for a simple branch line loading ramp. I'm searching images on the net, but with no luck.
 
I haven't found many picture either but found this description that may help.
'As stated TOFC was the most common well into the '80s, then came double-stack. TOFC Ramps were all over the place. they could be built very cheaply and loading only required a short wheelbased tractor (hostler). MoPac had one on the St. Louis riverfront near Poplar Street that was a cut off end of a flat car, truck and all, blocked on timbers. An earth filled ramplead up to it and had ties for side walls.'

Cheers

Darren
 
Not the best pic, or best ramp either.
Just a simple wooden deck along side the RIP tracks.
 


This is my TOFC ramp. DJ.

P1040503.jpg
 
Nice pics, but that 44-tonner next to that boxcar is, um, a contrast.

Good weeds! I always like weeds.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top