ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
A Queensland Railways, wooden, narrow gauge 'guards van' (as close as I'm gonna get to a caboose!) Verandah, 1st class compartment, even has a space for dogs at the end, there were variations with a space above that for coffins..
I currently do not have a layout; only a test track set up DC. I put a little power to the track and to my surprise the caboose made a faint hum so I increased the throttle on the pack and the lights came on! I have directional lighting and didn't know it.
Does someone know why the the lights coming on only when the throttle is increased at about medium? Is it because it is DCC.
Also, could someone tell me what this apparatus is.
The lighting issue is probably not because of DCC. It's most likely for a constant brightness circut that relys on a certain amount of voltage to come on.
The Mechanism on the third pic is the generator. The wheel is turning a drveshaft conected to it.
Very nice Caboose. I've considered buying the Athabaska scale models kit to build even though it's not my era.
The lighting issue is probably not because of DCC. It's most likely for a constant brightness circut that relys on a certain amount of voltage to come on.
The Mechanism on the third pic is the generator. The wheel is turning a drveshaft conected to it.
Very nice Caboose. I've considered buying the Athabaska scale models kit to build even though it's not my era.
The lighting issue is probably not because of DCC. It's most likely for a constant brightness circut that relys on a certain amount of voltage to come on.
The Mechanism on the third pic is the generator. The wheel is turning a drveshaft conected to it.
Very nice Caboose. I've considered buying the Athabaska scale models kit to build even though it's not my era.
I have another question for you Glen if you don't mind.
The lower white lights (I'm presuming they are reverse lights) and red marker lights come on at the end of the caboose that points towards the (reverse) direction while the other end only had the red marker lights on? Is this correct? I know nothing about caboose lights.
Unfortunetly you've got me there. I'm only familiar with red lights facing back to show the end of the train in the dark. If there are red lights on on both ends it's either something that I don't know about or its wrong. As for the white lights they could be backup lights but again I don't know.
I'll ask a friend on this one.