Show us your caboose!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


The Hutchinson caboose X181 is mine and yes it's brass and yep they've gone up in price ,not to suprising as there was only the one run of 600 in H.O scale imported back in 1977.
I paid $63 for this one unpainted in 1981.
They are now selling in the $250-350 range.Think i paid $50 to have it painted professionally back in the day.

Now getting back to the thread heres my latest Caboose a Walthers Platinum line DM&IR class G2 a real little sweetheart for the end of those long ore trains I 've been itchin' to run behind my Yellowstone...:D

Larry


006-1.jpg

Nice. I'd love to see it on a layout.
 


Well here's another shot to keep you all guessing.............................. ;)

100_1503-1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my contribution. Being a D&H modeller, I just had to have at least one end-cupola caboose, and brass was out of the question. My solution was to modify a Proto 2000 eastern caboose by moving the cupola rearward and sheathing the sides with scribed styrene.

Not perfect, but affordable ....

IMG_1114.png


IMG_1117.png



Mark.
 


Greg, can't say just yet. I hit a delay, the kits were modified and I need new parts from the manufacturer. Be a delay in finishing them up now.
 
Here is about 2/3 of the fleet. The 1st row are all wood kits I've assembled, the rest (except for the Maryland Midland bay window) are brass kits. Most are quality Craft, cept' for the one NKP caboose. I can't remember the make on that one.
caboose%20fleet%20shot.JPG


The little bobber kit has been literally, around the world. It was made by (another name I forgot) in North Umberland PA, but I purchased it on ebay from a shop in New South Wales, Australia! All the parts were still in the box after all the miles it traveled!:D
WM1216.JPG


The rest of the fleet (6) are all P2K units, somehow they seem kinda boring now!:rolleyes:
 
Hey, just saw one exactly like your shorty tonight on ebay...

WM1216.JPG


Someone added lantern to it...

!CB-sZyw!mk~$(KGrHqEOKj8EzTtOy)fvBNJnzeBCbg~~0_3.JPG


These are my 50+ year old by Model Engineering Works work crew car and caboose...

IMG_4430.jpg


This logging train is all over 50 years old,
and all of the rolling stock is Model Engineering works
except for the tender which is brass.
The engine is an all die cast Rivarossi.

IMG_4617.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top