short vid

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Shucks, all I get is "An error occured" when trying to see the video. Looks like a nice layout fform the still on the video page. Is there some reason you can link directly to the UTube video?
 


Finally got it to work with the new link. Nice looking, classic style Lionel layout. Reminds me of the hours I spent with my nose pressed up against the windows of Higbee's Christmas windows during my youth in Cleveland.
 
I liked the video also. It is a pretty good example of high-rail trains. I did not like two phrases of the accompanying text. I highlighted the phrases in blue.

"Train Video- this is just a short clip from my other hobby, its -0- gauge scale, i use both lionel and MTH (railking) trains- this current layout consists of 5 runnings trains and 1 street car- the ski lift actually works, i made that from an old erector set motor , this is called a 'high-rail' layout, meaning its meant to have a more realistic effect over a 'model train' layout."

High-Rail is more toylike and not more realistic and it is generally NOT scale. There is nothing wrong with high-rail and who knows where we would be without it but the paragraph is misleading, especially to someone who knows little about model railroading.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top