SD60F project

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


thanks for the bump MLW Thursday night at work I was just thinking about this project and was thining to myself about getting back to work on it again. Thanks
 
HA HA! :);)

I bought one (Kaslo) in November but gave up on the idea.

There's a felow assembling it for me . I have to say that you are a
heck of a lot more skill and patient then I. :eek:

Can't wait to see your progress.
 


Ok everyone I am back to begin working on this project again. Deer hunting season is over now. I have been thinking about how I wanted to do the dynamic brake fan. I had bought myself a Cannon and Company fan hatch. I was thinking of drilling out the shell where it is suppose to go and press fitting and cementing it into the shell... But when I layed it on the shell I didn't know if it looked right so I cleaned up the screen that came with the Kaslo shell and took a pic of both in the area they should be in. Tell me your opinions about what you guys think look better...

First pic is what Cannon fan looks like..

4321219665_d3ac1d332d_b.jpg


Second pic is what Kaslo supplied me with..

4321219825_27e49d49b4_b.jpg


and this is what it looks like now untouched... If I got with first one I will cut old fan out. If I go with second one I will paint it I think white and paint fan blades silver I think

4321219523_77aa0dce8b_b.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think that they both have potential but, I think that the Cannon one would look a little better without too much modification. The Kaslo one would look sweet if you cut out the area around the fan blades, not that I would have the patience to do that myself but, it would look cool.
 
When I built my SD50F, I had the fortune to have a spare Genesis SD70 DB grille handy, it looked like the Kaslo grille, but was dished to clear the little nib...
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top