Scrapline SD-7/9

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Looks great. :) If I hadn't read the thread I'd never guess it started as a parts engine.
 
This thread has inspired me.

I have an older Athearn blue box GP7/9 high nose loco that's missing some parts, mostly handrails and stuff. I had almost consigned it to the scrap parts bin, maybe now I'll semi-finish it, weather the hell outta it and put it on a RIP/scrap track. It does have a working drivetrain/frame, maybe I can buy a useable dummy loco and swap the frames??

MPB
 
I've seen engines that are in the process of being scraped. one of the first things to go are the handrails, usually by torch. A dummy GP-7 chassis should be easy to come by, you could put a request on the HOyardsale yahoo group.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top