Scalecoat

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


jkyu55

New Member
Hello all.. I am wanting to paint a MP15AC in Katy GREEN. I've done this paint job before, but I don't remember what I mixed to come up with the right color (I've been out of the painting "scene" for a while..) I know I started with Burlington Northern Cascade Green, but I can't remember the other color. any help would be appreciated. Stone
 
Stone,

There is no need to mix this color any more. As Badger has it available in their "Model-Flex" line of paints, item #16-80, Katy Green.

Dan
 


While I do like some of Badger's colors I have noticed that more than a few important to what I model are significantly off.

I don't see Scalecoat listing a KATY green, but you should be able to mix one up. C&NW Green and Southern Green are good starting points. Their color chart is here:

http://www.weavermodels.com/page11.html

I too have never found anything that performs as well as Scalecoat!
 
...

I too have never found anything that performs as well as Scalecoat!


me three!:D

Our LHS has finally been convinced to carry Scalecoat. Now when this does occur I will be very happy. No more having to order it and waiting 10-21 days for it to come in before I can paint sumpin".
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My partner and I are considering carrying it along with the Iwata line. I'll let you know how that works out :D
 
I remember starting off with BN cascade green then adding something else.

I'm also doing a KCS engine in gray and can't remember how I mixed it, I remember starting with MOW gray.. but I might be wrong

Stone
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top