ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I hope I can salvage much of the track I used in my beginner's layout and use it again in my next layout. I glued the track to foam using Woodland Scenics Foam Tack Glue and I slathered on on there pretty good as I remember. Is there a glue release agent I can use to make the job easier and hopefully not damage the track? If not, any recommendations on how to proceed? Or, is it even recommended to attempt to use the old track?
Janry, the directions on the bottle say to use warm soapy water to remove track from the roadbed. Plenty warm and plenty wet should do it. Might try slipping a putty knife under the ties from the sides after the water has set a few minutes.
Ahhhhh! Read the instructions!
Who would a thunk it?
Thanks Mike.
Ahhhhh! Read the instructions!
Who would a thunk it?
Thanks Mike.
As the old saying goes: when all else fails read the directions.
You're welcome. Happy to help. Let us know how you make out.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)