Running Bear's October 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Is that Kato US? I'm not sure if they can get this item and I don't have a part number for it. The model number is 3068-1, ED16. Picture of the missing light runner. Thanks!!
END 2 LENSE.jpeg
 


Is that Kato US? I'm not sure if they can get this item and I don't have a part number for it. The model number is 3068-1, ED16. Picture of the missing light runner. Thanks!!
View attachment 274746
The latest release of the engine was last month, and parts are available starting this month. I may have to order them from Kato jp, have them shipped to me, then send the part to you.
 
Good morning from Wisconsin. 50f degrees now at 7:17 it was 42 at 5:30. High later is 70.

We did go to the grandson’s 12:10 game yesterday. 2-1 he had the first goal. The 8am game the daughter said was 33f at game time. They won 7-4 and grandson had 4. That game Sounds more like his hockey stats. One game this morning (not going) and hopefully the championship game around 4. Maps was off yesterday! Showed 16 minute drive from our place on my phone in the house but at the speed limit was actually 25 minutes which actually made sense when we entered into the car’s system.

Not sure if I hit the bench today or not or just read something online.

Enjoy the day
 
I figured out why we've started to see relatively more "Oops, an error occurred" messages. If you've stayed logged in on a screen and then come back a while later and hit something like a post or the Bell notifications icon -- if you're Cloudflare verification has expired you get the "oops..." message. A simple refresh will trigger a new verification and you'll be OK again.
The problem with that is that if you have a message started when your "authorization" runs out, and you refresh, half the message is gone. That's why I cut, refresh and past then post. There are times when that doesn't work, but mostly it does.
 
Good morning all!

Another picture perfect fall day today. Currently a cool 54F but temps will rebound and hit 71F. I see they modified the long range forecast. Originally it wasn't going to be in the 70s all week and now we will see several days this week with low 70s.

Fairly busy morning since all of Saturdays stuff couldn't be done since we were gone most of the day yesterday. Have some laundry, and weekly grocery run to make. Both cars need topped off as well. At least I mowed Friday, so that's not on the list.

Time to scare up some breakfast and get moving.

Have a safe day everyone!
 
The latest release of the engine was last month, and parts are available starting this month. I may have to order them from Kato jp, have them shipped to me, then send the part to you.
If you can help me identify the part, I can order it myself since I am in Japan. Appreciate the assistance and the offer! I have ordered from Kato JP in the past. Also, if I can get you something from Kato JP, let me know. I can ship to you probably cheaper.
 


Good Morning All. Drizzle and 68°, stationary system that doesn't look like it will move anytime soon. However it isn't measurable yet. Might finally clear off around sunset today.

Not much to report from around the SFW estate from yesterday. Spent much of the rainy morning at the computer either balancing our retirement portfolios or looking for restaurants to go to on the trip to and from Gulf Shores AL, and the destination itself. Some will be repeats there, and daughter and SIL will also have some input since they're sharing the condo with us. Less than a pleasant experience at our normal go to restaurant in Baton Rouge last trip, is causing us to look at a different place this time. I'm for the variety anyway!
Lots of laundry today after church is the only positive plan besides Pot Roast in the crockpot for supper

Nothing special out in the train shed yesterday either, as I wind down before leaving for 8 days. Pulled out the figure-painting palette again. Dabbed a few colors on many figures and tossed 5 into the finished container.

Karl -
At work from 8 til 2 with only 4 appointments for the day. I'm starting to feel like the Maytag Repairman!
Is that because they're making better vehicles lately???

Long time bassist for Blood, Sweat & Tears, Jim Fielder who was born in nearby Denton TX, is 79 today.

Everyone have a great Sunday.
 
It’s common with weak 2FA systems for them to either call you with the code or text you the code. You don’t get a blind call. You hit the button when trying to log in and they call you. I never choose that option and choose text or email but a few times I’ve had to get it that way — call with voice.
Yep. I don't get voice phone calls, but I do get texted or e-mailed codes. One of my bankers tells me that your phone is now more secure than your computer, hence the push for mobile device usage. One thing: Make sure your spouse or heir has your phone access code in case you get lost or broken! My wife's cousin 's husband died suddenly and unexpectedly. She doesn't have the code for his phone, and guess where everything is!
 
Well, my Murphy streak is continuing.
I picked up a Kato business car on Fleabay that was advertised as having LED lighting. I got it, plopped it on the track briefly to make sure it did, in fact, light up, and then proceeded to put all the user-installed detail parts on it. Afterward, I put it on the back of a train, and began pulling it around the layout. After a few minutes, I noticed a “hot plastic” smell coming from the layout area, and tracked it down to the business car. The end with the LED was inordinately hot, and I immediately pulled it off the tracks. After it cooled off, I popped the shell off, and discovered the “LED” was really a 12v light bulb, which was overheating and beginning to melt the roof of the car. I sent a message to the seller about it, since it was specifically advertised as having LED lighting, and I’ll see what he has to say for himself.
 
The more I watch Boomer, and his current crop of lessons, I realize that's a good place for my layout right now. Since I'm considering a move north if I get my Bill C3 lost Canadian status, I don't want to demolish a half-roughed in layout and dumpster it. Keep it manageable, so that if it does hit the dumpster, I can pull off the structures, trees, and other bits and bobs that can transport.
I’m not a module person but it sounds like using modules to accomplish your layout might be something to look into. They could move with you.
 
One of my bankers tells me that your phone is now more secure than your computer, hence the push for mobile device usage.
But it’s not. And with SIM spoofing it’s easy to take over someone’s number if they really want to and can somehow get the basic info needed to do it. This is how most of the big hacks you hear about happen.

It’s why some places have gone away from 2FA and require Passkeys and stuff like that now. Passkeys are far better and more secure.
 
howdi

just a quick update from hamburg (germany). two days of good eating and to much drinking haha. tomorrow we fly home, maybe i find some time to start de constructing the layout. i really want to restart the layout, and maybe also relocate some of the storage units, so i could probably fit 5 modules 1m by 50cm next to each other. really looking forward to the restart and also less track more scenery more operational thinking.

but first, another Uso (greec schnaps). will of course send a update when i start over.

cheers
marco
 


Thanks, I think I have an ear infection that is causing it.
Ah much better! I'd hate if you had a concussion or something. The road coming out of my office area had too large of a center gradiant (for water run off, whatever it is called). My micro van is pretty stiff, so when I pulled onto that road, my micro van would roll violently as it crested that rise. Although I never slammed my head into the door or sill, I would get ringing in my ears as if I had.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top