Running Bear's June 2026 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
1781402847224.png
 


Sharp cheddar on saltine crackers with dill pickle chip and mustard!😁
A dollop of peanut butter on a spoon followed by roughly half a chocolate chipped cookie. Rinse, repeat and repeat again.

My version of Reese's Peanut Butter cups I guess, but with more cookie and (maybe yes maybe no) less sugar. Not that I really care either way when indulging myself.

Beyond that, I have fallen in love with a particular "relish" combo of green olives, white onions, tiny dill pickles and pimentos. Comes from Italy--I want to say the brand is "Torranor," and I buy them in bulk (well...I clean them out when I find them anyway) from my local Marshall's and/or Home Goods (it's the same chain).

I can blow through an entire bottle of those in just minutes.
 
Last edited:


My most expensive loco that I've bought so far stopped working last night. Put a couple of hours on it in both directions, flipped it over and did the same to get a good break in. Well, it broke in alright. Lights come on, but it doesn't move, in either direction intermittently at first and then not at all in the end. When I look at the parts diagram, it looks like it may have the same issue as the Kato SD40 with the motor contacts.

The fr!ck!n jungle site is saying that I cannot return it. I cannot find the chat button after spending several hours going round and round in their trap. It allows me to choose the reason, so I tried not functioning and tried missing parts since it does seem to be missing a part. Tenshodo has not responded to my first 3 emails, so I searched their website and found another email address. So fired another email.

I did blast them on the jungle site and blasted amazon for not supporting since they are the ones who sold it to me. This was not a marketplace source. I am 100% sure that they'll say that I'm too rude and hurting their f-ing feelings.

I need to pay attention to the fine print on the right side of the page, under the price tag to see if they have a trap set and take a screen shot of it in case they want to play games again. Actually, probably not going to work since I can't contact them anyway.
 
My most expensive loco that I've bought so far stopped working last night. Put a couple of hours on it in both directions, flipped it over and did the same to get a good break in. Well, it broke in alright. Lights come on, but it doesn't move, in either direction intermittently at first and then not at all in the end. When I look at the parts diagram, it looks like it may have the same issue as the Kato SD40 with the motor contacts.

The fr!ck!n jungle site is saying that I cannot return it. I cannot find the chat button after spending several hours going round and round in their trap. It allows me to choose the reason, so I tried not functioning and tried missing parts since it does seem to be missing a part. Tenshodo has not responded to my first 3 emails, so I searched their website and found another email address. So fired another email.

I did blast them on the jungle site and blasted amazon for not supporting since they are the ones who sold it to me. This was not a marketplace source. I am 100% sure that they'll say that I'm too rude and hurting their f-ing feelings.

I need to pay attention to the fine print on the right side of the page, under the price tag to see if they have a trap set and take a screen shot of it in case they want to play games again. Actually, probably not going to work since I can't contact them anyway.
 
1781428542693.png
Good morning Coffee Shop! It's Sunday, 70°F (21°C) and partly cloudy.
:cool:
DINER_COFFEE SHOP.png
DINER_COFFEE POT.png


DINER_BIGBKFST.png


Weather:
Mostly sunny then becoming partly cloudy toward daybreak then becoming mostly cloudy then becoming partly cloudy late this afternoon. Numerous showers and scattered thunderstorms through early afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph increasing to northwest 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

Have a great day! ;)
 
Thanks! I prefer not to call or be called as I cannot remember what was said.

But, I did find my way into the chat. Had given up on it when I wrote my whine above, but gave it a last try. Pushed almost every button available and finally got in to the chat. Then started to get the run around with the bot and when the option to chat with an associate popped up, finally, I got my chance to explain and get a return. So it is already back in its box and in the same amazon box that it came in. I am adding some bubble wrap to it instead of the plastic bag that it came in. When they sent me survey, I gave the associate great marks and a 1 star for the ease of connecting. Then fired away.

This is the way they treat expensive merchandise. I did check for anything broken and thought I had been lucky, but not the case.
BS SHIPPING.jpeg
 
More stuff on KR Models. I will not watch it myself as he tends to get way too emotional and just rehashes cr@p and then the delivery becomes irritating. You can tell from the thumbnail that it's not going to be professional.

When he starts doing that on his reviews, I skip to the maintenance and test running part of his videos, which is the main reason I watch him. I get a good look at how to open it up and sometimes I get an idea of the space inside.
 
Good morning gentlemen. Yesterday i have finally for the first time witnessed live Big Boy 4014. The machine has entered Pennsylvania (second time after running through Erie few days ago). It came to Tunkannock Viaduct in Nicholson, Pennsylvania where it stood for several minutes while the crowd cheered and the crew saluted...i was not in that crowd thankfully. The place was supposedly overwhelmed with literally hundreds of spectators. I did stop about two miles east of the viaduct east of the tunnel and that was the best choice for me, since it was a steep climb down to the track and a steep climb out.
IMG_20260613_104924953_HDR.jpg
After that i drove to Pittston and unnowingly ran into Reading and Northern trip just coming into town with their T-1, that's right, two large mainline steam locomotives in the wild.
IMG_20260613_120838904_HDR.jpg
From there i made my way to Jim Thorpe area and finding out that both consists are coming to Nesquehoning for the night, i decided to catch them at Penn Haven Junction. That meant a six mile hike to the junction from Onoko park.
And an opportunity to grab some shots of Union Pacific passenger equipment:
IMG_20260613_172308910.jpg
IMG_20260613_172314533.jpg
IMG_20260613_172338741.jpg
IMG_20260613_172346218.jpg

Norfolk Southern Business cars towards the rear
IMG_20260613_172359494.jpg

And "Marco Polo" , which i just found out was used as a private coach by President Franklin Roosevelt:
IMG_20260613_172418657_HDR.jpg

Was told that Reading T-1 was about 45 minutes behind, that wasn't so, it came just few minutes after Big Boy:
IMG_20260613_174617607.jpg
IMG_20260613_174628267.jpg

Six mile hike back to my car and i was heading home. Overall a beautiful June day with lots of steam viewing opportunities and an event which might never materialize again ( or maybe it will). That Reading and Northern T-1 was hauling 24 cars. Big Boy had a 14 car consist, but in addition to that there are two extra water tenders behind its normal one and two large six axle diesels behind that.
 
Last edited:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top