Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Scored a four pack Micro Trains Fallen Flags (one each CB&Q, GN, NP and SP&S) on E-bay for a really good price, waited til the last 15 seconds to bid and got it for the starting bid! Waiting to see how a loco I bid on turns out. I set my max bid and if I get it fine, if not fine. Almost to the point I don't need any more locos now, waiting to see how Kato's F3's look in the Greyback scheme. Figure they'll go real nice with my Kato F2's.:) Need to concentrate more on turnouts more than anything else.
 
Somebody pour me a nice tall beer... Yeah, I know, it's a coffee shop, but make an exception.

Meanwhile, I think I've got things back on track and stable now. Let's hope things run smoothly.
 


Evening All,

It has been misting pretty much all day. I went to the downtown hobby shop and they had 1 flat car in stock! There were 3 employees in the train section ignoring the customers that were there. I have to say it really irritated me especially when Jon was awesome and had to close. I also did not realize that there was a parade today so the normal roads home were closed and the traffic was ridiculous. I bought a flat car online after getting home.

Friday MOH , me and the grandsons are going to ride our new light rail train for a round trip to check it out. I am looking forward to it.

Karl- Nice work on the critters.

Montana- Nice looking roads and sidewalks

I hope everyone has a good night.
 
Good evening all. Been trying to get on since 7:10 a.m. . Thought I was no longer allowed in.
Bill , is that made in America , Bourbon ? May I join you for a taste?
Didn't do much of anything today. Just a load of laundry and raked some oak leaves. Guess what- There is more of each , specially leaves. Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow.
Wish all a pleasent night.
Flip
 
Delivered today....might be an ever so slight chance for a Milwaukee Road overload.....naaaah, like if that would ever happen! lol

IMG_20141230_113728_zpsvvdil90z.jpg
 
I found myself checking in every half hour or so and kept getting disappointed! Had to settle for the others!

Louis, I started wearing an engineer's hat that my wife got me for Father's day a couple of years ago. I came across a picture of my Dad when he was in his early 20's with a rifle and one of his hunting dogs and decided I would wear mine as well. My wife had a cow at first (she said I was to wear it only when running my trains). I showed her the picture of my Dad and told her about a couple of farmers that I remembered wearing them when I was young. She finally relented and, as they say, the rest is history!

To my surprise it has been well received by everyone. I take a little ribbing from some of the guys at the Union hall about where I parked my train, I just ask them where they put their ball and glove or where they parked their horse..........always gets a big grin. The one thing I didn't expect was the number of people saying they like my hat and want to know where I got it...........and a surprising number of them are women..........about 90%! So Louis, get that boy an engineer's hat and make him a hit with the ladies!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BOB H.- There in the back room is a BEER HAVEN. Beers from all around the world. Take your pick.

Curt- I refuse to go to Colonial Hobby. To snooty and arrogant. I haven't been back in over 12 years.
I'll give you a call tomorrow near noontime.
Flip
 
Ok, I start to feel a bit better now, forum's back up and running, it was a while where I was sitting in the corner mumbling and shivering uncontrollable....don't want to know what would have happened, if it wasn't for my new Milwaukee Road books....

Wish you all a Happy New Year and a wonderful 2015!
 


It's NEW YEAR'S EVE!​

BUNN_COFFEE.png


Good Morning! Today is Wed 12/31/14.

Cold with a high of 22. Staying in today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


trainwreck.png


Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN



5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY​
 
Good morning everyone!

30 with clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

I missed you all yesterday.

I made the last post at nearly 3am yesterday morning then I could not get back in. I thought maybe God was upset over my picture of the GG1 that has been vandalized, I know I am!

I know God does not interfere with our train forum. Like I always say "technology is great, when it works!" Thank you Administrator Bob for all your hard work to get us back up and running and don't worry to much, "stuff" happens!

I am fortunate in that being home all I ad to do to relieve the withdrawal from the forum was to run my Christmas trains. I need to take a video of my Lionel PRR 2-8-4 Even though I am a huge diesel fan this beauty has great loud and realistic sounds, synchronized smoke and pulls like it's walking in the park. It even has crew dialog that my grandsons love. Best of all it did not cost me a fortune. It came in the PRR Horseshoe Curve Super Freight RTR set. The entire set was $299.99 before tax.

Sirfoldalot
we all had a fantastic time! I can't wait to take my oldest grandson, poor little guy had pink eye and I would not want to take a chance at spreading that and his Mom was not feeling well. Both were doing much better yesterday.

Bob the last thing I need is to draw more attention to my boys from the ladies. I can't take them anywhere without some young lady fawning over them. Despite that I will get them the engineer's hats. I love the fact that you wear yours regularly. I have the utmost respect for a man who goes his own way regardless of what others think. My wife asked me once why I was wearing my Lionel shirt and hat? I told her I am proud of my toys!

Have a Safe and Happy New Years Eve everybody!
 
Thanks to all for posting your pictures. I enjoy seeing what others can and do create.

Louis , when I got out of the hospital my wife got me a walker with a seat. get tired of walking, sit down and rest or can be pushed by your companion. Seat folds,and chair does too.

Wish everyone a better healthy New Year.
May warmth and happiness be always with you.
Flip
 
Good Morning, Yes it is New Years Eve!

Since about 11:30 Pm last night till about 2:30 Am, I had some very high winds, The Mono Pronounced Mon-no Winds and I hoping not too much damage was done? The winds were approximately 40 to 60 mph in gusts which lasted about 2.5 to 3 hrs. Thanks God there wasn't any rain with it.

It 3:10 Am time to get to bed.
 
Good morning. It's clear and 26.
I missed the forum yesterday, a big thanks to Bob H for getting it back up and running. It was worth a couple of beers.

In a few minutes, I'll be leaving early for work to get a dozen and a half travel trailers moved to a venue for an RV show this coming weekend. I'm not thrilled about having to pull 2/3 of a million dollars worth of merchandise over the same roads anybody that has partaken of their office party will be using. But, there are at least a hundred other dealers doing the same thing, as well as working on New. Years day, so I'll have lots of company.
 
Good morning!
12 BELOW zero, high of plus 6. Wind chill 25-30 BELOW zero. Sheesh. On the plus side, that means no working outside and trains!!
Ran an ops session alone yesterday. Shot some (poor) videos of train-chasing. I'm starting to scratch-build some average houses for an empty lot in Rice Lake, so I ordered windows and some other stuff from my favorite hobby shop in Minnesota.
Hope the wife doesn't see this!
Here's the first video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDVcIXf5JXI

I should have used the Canon instead of the Cube. Oh, well. maybe I'll re-do some today.
Terry in NW Wisconsin
 
It was only 2 below here, and going into the teens. The wind is blowing here, too...

My wife doesn't want me to buy anything for a while. Good luck with that. lasm
 
Good morning

Looks like you guys have been busy based on there being so many posts. ... I have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

We just returned from our northern Christmas celebration in Ohio. (The southern celebration was in Alabama several days ago.) ..........

Today is a common birthdays for one of our sons and one of our daughters. They were born 2 years apart.

Has Carey Cjcrescent been posting lately? ... I hope he is okay.'

Also, is Joe around ... I may have sounded like I was arguing with him several days ago when I was trying to understand what he was posting. Sorry if I offended him. I like his posts. I was typing on an I-phone and may have sounded wrong.

Happy Model Railroading.
 


I found myself checking in every half hour or so and kept getting disappointed! Had to settle for the others!


!

I was trying to get on yesterday, too; just got off Christmas break and I made tons of progress on the layout!!

It gave me an opportunity to check out a couple of the other forums, too, and I noticed some familiar stuff on each one!

Here is a shot of a bunch of my industrial area, pretty much done:

layout 021.jpg

layout 011.jpg

I notice my photos in the gallery are all reeeeally old and I think I will add some new ones.

lasm
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top