Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




Good morning, again. Santa brought me a couple of Axian storage boxes for my freight fleet. I guess I'll head into the train room and fill them...
 
60 degrees and not a cloud in sight!
Same forcast for next 3 days.

Say, Bill, I always wondered how Santa was able to get up and down the chimmy without scorching his tush?

Say, Chet, this day each year I miss the snow .. Horizontal or otherwise! 60 and sunny just don't cut it for Christmas.
 
I don't. We went to my daughter's for. Christmas breakfast and to give the grandkids Thier presents and came home and spent the last two hours plowing the stuff. You're more than welcome to have mine.

I wanted to get it done as soon as possible because we're expecting sub zero temps for highs in the next few days.

I was going to try to get some work done on the ayout this afternoon, but instead, I think I'll just run a local freight around and do a little switching. All of that plowing sort of wore me out. Need to relax a bit. Trains can do that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers David and Louis....

Aye, that's correct David, being a Swede, my Christmas was yesterday...


It's the time zone difference you being in Europe. Hope you had a good Christmas. It's a fairly cool day in my area and looks like it could rain more but it feels cold enough to snow but my little Caldwell hand held wind/temp gauge says it's 53.7*
but it feels a lot colder.

Enjoy the Holidays!
 
Have always open my presents on the 24th, but when moving to Glasgow and the UK, it's all of a sudden 24 more hours to wait, until the 25th!

You what!?

So, a couple of pressies on the 24th and then the rest on the 25th....
Everybody's happy....lol

Aye, had pleasant Christmas, thanks!
Hope that you had joyful Christmas yourself, with plenty of trains under the tree!
 
Xmas card.JPG

Quiet Christmas today. went to see Mom in the home today. Saw son # 3 last Sunday, 4 is still in China, 5 in NC, (text messages exchanged) saw the in-laws on the 24th, son #1 (plus 3 grandsons & DIL tomorrow) and son #2 (and fiancee) next weekend.
Got tools from the wife, $$$ for trains from the in-laws, and Mom. Also got the rest of the garage painted today. Tomorrow after the Grandboys, I'll start putting stuff away, maybe even get a car or two in the tomorrow night!!
 


COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png


Good Morning! Today is Fri 12/26/14.

Partly cloudy with a high of 48. Stopping by the club later today.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png


trainwreck.png


Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN



5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY​
 
Good morning. Sunny but still below freezing in my neighborhood, there is a thick frost covering everything in the shadow areas. Hope yall had a great Christmas, I did - except for when I over-ate during the Christmas meal and paid dearly for that in abdominal pain!

Monty, that dozen-diamond trackwork looks really cool, but I think only Tim Warris could wire up a 1:87 model of it so short-wheelbase locos could get thru!

My gifts didn't include anything from a hobbyshop - I've told my family I prefer to be "my own Santa Claus" for mrr stuff - but I did get two items that will be very useful in the trainroom and workbench: (1) a swiveling bar stool - this will enable me to sit down while doing DecoderPro on a rollaway cabinet top that is ~4ft above floor level, and to work at my workbench which is also 4ft high; and (2) a wireless mouse, so when I carry my laptop out to the trainroom, I don't have that mouse cord getting snagged on any protruding objects. Both these items are things I would never bother to go out and buy for myself.

I'll get several hours of "me" time today, so I can de-clutter the trainroom and get it ready for the next op session.

Have a great day!
 


I would call it Malfunction Junction. With a grade crossing, I would like to know how many grade crossing addidents there were.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top