ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Nah, not New York. BROOKLYN. They speak Brooklynese. lol
Ask Joe, he's from New JOISEY. Dats across the river from N.Y..
Phil
So long as it's put in writing I can understand it, but when spoken, it may have to be repeated.
Yup, me too. Have same problem in Fla. with visitors. Canuks are o.k.but the Frenchies are as bad as the Cubans who refuse to learn English.
I understand completely. When I got out of the service I was a Florida highway patrolman for 7 years before I moved back home. It was interesting. I was fluent in a number of languages but - I spoke European French and Spanish, not the Canadian French or Cuban. They are written the same, but when spoken, really different. For me it could be interesting to listen to so many different southern drawls.
Problem here is, same words said to different Latinos can get you killed.
"bama dialect is diff.than Ga. and the Carolinas . North Fla is also diff.
It's as bad as N.Y. and Maine or snooty BASTON. The new england twang can be awful.
Over the years in my travels I got pretty good at figuring what region of the south people were from.
I'm pulling the plug for now. [electric plug, not a horse] Be back later.
Flip
Ma granny's got an empty, moan up fur a swallae...
Just saying...
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Ma granny's got an empty, moan up fur a swallae...
Just saying...
Well? Jeet yit?
Ahmoan out lehtter.
Ya sure, you betcha. (The Norwegian dialect was very prevalent when I moved to Fargo. There's not much of it left around here now.)
Say Sherrel,
Nice shot, looks like it's just out of the paint shop as the whole thing so fresh and clean!
Good Morning! Today is Wed 12/24/14.
Rain to snow with a high of 43. Staying home today.
Temperature in TIPTON IN
IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY
Merry Christmas everybody...!
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Good morning. It's raining and 44, heading for a rainy high of 70.
Good morning, I'm sitting in health park error waiting room in ft myers fla, my go slipped in the tub & I think she cracked a rib , &
its
Good morning, I'm sitting in health park emergency room waiting room in ft myers fla, my gf slipped in the tub & I think she cracked a rib , & here we sit
its
Good morning all. 31 degrees with a winter weather advisory in effect for this afternoon through tomorrow night. Last shot of the CN Holiday Train. Hope the black Z isn't hurt too bad.
Merry Christmas.
Good morning folks.
It's cloudy and drizzly today. We're having a brown Christmas this year I guess. Last year we had a blizzard on Christmas so I don't know if that would be better or not. I recall trying to shovel the snow between the cars in the driveway most of the night!
Instead of hosting two separate Christmas meals today, we are combining the two into one. My wife's sisters and Dad have been a part of my family for twenty years so we decided to just have them here while my entire family is here. The only thing is that now I don't have guests coming until four o'clock. What shall I do until then?
If I don't make it back on here, Merry Christmas Everyone!
Merry Christmas Eve Everybody,
It's 49 and light rain in southeast Baltimore.
BlackZ28 I hope your girlfriend is ok, a cracked rib can hurt more then a broken rib.
Montanan you have the very best Christmas train pictures. I thought the first ones you posted were fantastic, but this last one is without a doubt the best!
Enjoy the Holiday everybody
God Bless us, Everyone!
Morning Blackz28. Merry Christmas. I hope your girlfriend is going to be okay,and that you both have a wonderful Christmas. take care and good luck. William.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)