ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
It's almost Christmas, and I don't know if I will bother turning on the computer this weekend, so I'll post a few more pictures of the Canadian Pacific Christmas train.
Even if I don't turn on the computer, I will be watching on TapTalk.
Well, Friday is almost over. Bowling league tonight. The beer will taste extra good tonight
Here's my parting picture. Back in the day, meals served on the railroads were exquisite. We used to travel by train on a fairly regular basis and I always looked forward to meal time in the dining car. What amazed me was how they could turn out such fantastic meals in the confines of the kitchens in the dining cars. This picture is if a Union Pacific dining car, which was a pretty standard kitchen. Great meals.
Been missing the last 2 days fighting a cold. Last Friday when our eldest grandson was here sick, he passed it on to MOH and she passed it on to me. Today was the last day of school here for Christmas break. All the pictures have been great..Never too much Pennsy!
Good evening. 29*F, clear and calm in central MD. Mil, excellent picture of that B&O Pacific - I guess they didn't have to be moving to belch out a ton of smoke!
Scheduled to do train duty at my club's holiday expo tomorrow from 10:00am to 1:30pm. I'll be running my old CSX motive power and rolling stock from that era, since I don't want to disturb the B&O stuff on my layout or wear it out.
I just posted a link to Jeffrey's obituary on the "Goodbye" thread that Louis started. As soon as I pasted-in the URL and clicked the Save button, the link had a smiley icon right in the middle of it! Bizzarre...I wonder if Jeffrey slipped it in as a practical joke to let us know he's ok? Nevermind...it's almost midnight and I've been up since 4:00am, sleep deprivation does strange things to one's mind...
...
I just posted a link to Jeffrey's obituary on the "Goodbye" thread that Louis started. As soon as I pasted-in the URL and clicked the Save button, the link had a smiley icon right in the middle of it! Bizzarre...I wonder if Jeffrey slipped it in as a practical joke to let us know he's ok? Nevermind...it's almost midnight and I've been up since 4:00am, sleep deprivation does strange things to one's mind...
I was feeling a little down and that is not like me. I needed something to pick me up.
I looked again at my picture of the Christmas Tree my youngest grandson decorated for my layout last year. Then I thought I should share this again along with a picture I took of him after he finished the tree. Maybe somebody else could use couple of happy pictures. He was only 4 at the time and as you will see in the picture he is very happy and proud of his effort.
Working on the garage today, hope the drywall sanding gets done, a little paint on the back wall, then hang cabinets tomorrow?? Maybe??
I hope everyone has had a chance to leave a note on the funeral homes website for Jeffrey. It will be a comfort to his family to let them know how well thought of he was.
Here is a picture of my Lionel GP 20. When I was a young I drooled over this locomotive in the store, but I cold not afford Lionel on a paper boys wages. Tyco and Life-Like fit my budget. My daughter bought me a Lionel Polar Express set in November 2012 and that kicked off my obsession. After I built a permanent layout in January 2013 I found this on eBay and I had to have it. I know you understand how that goes!
My name is Louis and I am addicted to trains and loving it!