ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Terry ..... Sad to hear about Ringling Circus closing. ... I read one of the reasons was they had so many problems with animal rights activists.
Bruce .... Unfortunately, unions have made themselves undesirable to the workers who are their members. That explains the trend toward right to work laws.
Willie ... You mentioned excessive taxes. Actually, the government hurts itself if it raises taxes that already are excessive. Doing so will stifle the economy which reduces incomes. That results in less income to tax and less tax revenue.
Below is a photo of "The Roundup" at the rear of a very long Denver Zephyr. The DZ was equipped entirely with Budd stainless steel cars with full length skirts making it a very attractive train. It was Burlington's most successful train in terms of revenue and profits.
Good morning. It's cloudy and 43.
I just learned The Circus will be shutting down in May. Anybody that wants to see it should make plans to attend before then.
I was lucky to have seen the "Real" circus when I was little and it is sad to see a traditional form of entertainment that is THOUSANDS of years old fade away from the complaining and exaggerated emotions of a few miserable malcontents who want everyone as unhappy as they are!
I was lucky to have seen the "Real" circus when I was little and it is sad to see a traditional form of entertainment that is THOUSANDS of years old fade away from the complaining and exaggerated emotions of a few miserable malcontents who want everyone as unhappy as they are!
Friday the 13th is traditionally considered unlucky because it was on that day in October, 1307, that French king Philip IV ordered Jaques Demolay and many senior members of the Knights Templar arrested on charges of heresy and witchcraft.
Sometimes I'm alternately astounded and appalled at the absolutely worthless crap that I can remember.
Got back from the open house at the club around 6 PM. It was a very successful event with 400 visitors Saturday and 300 today. The club made about $350 in donations and there are several potential new members. The next big event is in July with the 2017 NMRA National Convention. Our HO club layout is the largest in Florida with approximately 23 scale miles of track.
The day started off with our Son-In-Law replacing a O-ring for the pool solar (on roof), so no more leak. Tomorrow we are watching the boys for awhile in the morning while daughter starts back to physical therapy. She just finished 2 weeks ago from her previous injury.
Chet- Nice pictures. Are those Tichy detail parts?
Garry- I saw that video on the national news Friday night. Nice 1:1 picture.
Justin- I hope the union contract works out without a strike. My last department has gone nearly 3 years without a approved contract, but the can't strike (FD).
Beady- I can't remember what I did last week but I can remember the year that the Pennsy switched their MOW color from Gray to Yellow.
Well, the basement floor has been stripped to the bare concrete. The abatement crew were here for 12 hours, Friday, leaving at 9 pm. Towards the end we were silently begging them to finish and go away.
Now we're looking to waterproof it. Until that's done, we're leaving everything down there piled up in one corner. I'm trainless! Sob.
Well, the basement floor has been stripped to the bare concrete. The abatement crew were here for 12 hours, Friday, leaving at 9 pm. Towards the end we were silently begging them to finish and go away.
Now we're looking to waterproof it. Until that's done, we're leaving everything down there piled up in one corner. I'm trainless! Sob.
I haven't shared a video of my BB SD40 with her new motor. She sounds just as good if not better than my RTR locomotives. I found out my issue as well with her and my 18" curves. For whatever reason my trucks were catching the bottom of the frame. So she was pushing hard into the curve to get the trucks to rotate to the tight radius. I have a few spare frames and played around with them until I had good truck movement without any catching. https://vimeo.com/199619292
I don't think we will go on strike. Out of 67 employees at my location only 43 showed up for the proposal meeting. Means 24 employees really don't care too much about our new contract. Needless to say though all of the fleet shop was present including myself. I can't vote for strike. I have a family to look after. Anyways here is hoping this goes through OK.
I'm dam happy to have 2 pretty good days in a row. No doubts about for!!!.
However, I asked my rad tech guy this morning if week 1 normally didn't put the smack on a person like it did me saying how relatively good I felt yesterday and was today so for. Au contraire', the early weeks of 1 and 2 are easier. He says it gets worse as it goes on - much worse.
For now I'll enjoy what goods I'm lucky to get.
Tomorow, every Wednesday, is a relatively lengthy session of almost 30 minutes. It's rough. I mean really rough. They said Wed.s were the longest and Thursday and Friday the easiest on account of that.
Last week prooved that indeed. I wasn't worth a spit until Sunday afternoon.
About time for some afternoon feeding now and maybe a nap. Nurse Laura is supposed to come by sometime.
I'm missing a lot from my post early this morning. I fell asleep on the keyboard twice before hitting the rack again. Who knows what I had to say. Probably rambling and having someone/people to talk to.
Everybody: .... Does anybody recall the date Jeff Wimberly (Running Bear) Passed away? I remember it was in December two years ago. I still miss that guy.
I miss Jeffrey too. He'd pop into my head every now and then, during my modelrailroad forums absence.
Somewhere in the boards, his sister made a post of his passing. I tried looking for it before finding your post.
He was a fan of tobasco sauce in his lemonade. Just a dash or two.
That's how I take mine now.