Rock Island Lines Silvis shops

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


HOBO$$

Member
I am looking for more pictures inside and out of the silvis shops any era.

11544.jpg
 
Thanks Attaboy nice pics. I am modeling a railroad shop I am also looking for pics of the transfer table, and the ramp area of the shop.
 


I will show the pics I have as I find them. This is a picture behind the main shop. this place is now a locomotive junk yard and rebuilds old engines.


Picture002.jpg




Picture003.jpg




fl9silvisv2wwwjpg18818.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hey hobo$$, do you have anykind of contacts at the nre facility thats now there? trying to find some info on 3 loco's that reportedly had nrex markings on them.
 
No, not really Maybe a phone number since we have worked for them in the past and one guy who restores collectable cars in the main shop for the owner. Nrex is also used around here sometimes by BNSF I heard they were leased units.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top