Recreating a Nazi Railgun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Wow that is huge, I never seen that before. That would be cool to put on the layout, although it might not clear my tunnel portals.
 


Wow that is huge, I never seen that before. That would be cool to put on the layout, although it might not clear my tunnel portals.

Tunnel portals?? With one of those you could fire off a round and make the whole tunnel!!!
 
How about the one from world war one "the Paris gun" I think they may have also called it big bertha.
 
Nothing that big on my layout. Have two U.S. M4A3E8's on a flatcar, and a couple of N.K.P.A. Russian T-34's on another. One of the T-34's is minus the turret, which is on the flatcar. These are being shipped to a proving ground for comparison and evaluation. It seems a pair of T-34's were hit in the flank by the "Easy-8's". A 76mm high velocity HEAT round penetrated the side of one T-34 at the turret ring, blowing the turret off. When the crew of the other tank saw this, they paniced and surrendered! It's 1953. Passenger traffic on the Grashhook, Galesburg & Western Division of the C.B & Q, GN and NP has increased dramatically. California Zephyr, Twin Cities Zephyr, Pioneer Zephyr, Empire Builder, local GN, North Coast Limited and local NP trains can be seen. As soon as I can figure out how to do it, and have the time, I'll try to post some photos.
 


I got this one say's its an n scale! but that one would be like 10 of these! looks great!
DSCF0996.jpg
 
One thing I was interested to see on the web page about the big rail guns was that they couldn't be aimed horizontally--I think that was partly to make them more easily movable and partly because crosswise to the track, the recoil really would have been a problem. So what they did was place the gun on curved track, and haul it back and forth to get it pointed where they wanted to aim.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top