ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I finally got the layout back up at New Year, so I thought I'd take some new photos showing areas which are not normally seen from the front of the layout. The subjects are an Intermountain U18B and an Athearn CF7, as yet unweathered or sound-fitted.
And one from the front
Jon
A few more photos, this time of Short line locomotives
Wiregrass Central GP38
Birmingham Southern GP38-2s
Jon
Very nice photos. One of the keys, other than your excelent modeling, is the way the backdrop photo adds to the scenes. It is very good in a low key way. Jim
Those are some very nice shots! Thanks for sharing, I especially like the 3rd and 4th shots in the first post with the bridges!
Great work as always. I travel to Alabama regularly [my wife has relatives down there] and it looks
exactly like your modeled scenes.
[O/T - love the avatar, I listened to that album
a lot in the days of my youth!

]
Looking good, Jon. Great scenery and interesting loco liveries.
I was just in Alabama last week visiting family & friends. I like the BS units. I've done a few myself. I have a small carefully hoarded supply of the out of production Microscale decal sets. I also have a few photos of those ex-EJ&E units, including some SW-1500's that the last of my blue Box Athearns will get painted into. Very nice work!
[O/T - love the avatar, I listened to that album
a lot in the days of my youth!

]
Ken I still do! Still have it on vinyl. I'm a big JT fan!

Looking good. Excellent scenery.
Gorgeous work, especially the ground cover and foliage. Is there a trackplan available anywhere?
No trackplan as of yet, but you do get a reasonable idea of the trackwork from this photo showing the two main boards side by side.
Jon
A few photos of the latest repaint/sound fitted loco
Now for a Southern High Hood GP30
Jon
Top notch! Very, very nice.
Very nice Jon, and I really like the weeds on the hydro pole!
Very nice.
I haven't gotten into the weathering yet...
I hope to soon, just as soon as I finish the scenery on my layout
Great work, where is the Wiregrass Central based out of Dothan? Ive never heard of it. Im building a prototype of St Joe, using A&N railway and others I see in Panama City.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)