ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
you are correct. its hot in central texas also.
im on an atlas true track kick now, i really like their track. i had code 55 down and somewhat ballasted, some looked good, some really bad. im giving up my big curves that i really like and settling for 15.5 inch max, which is sharp to me. im gambling on more true track pieces in the future, i wish atlas would give us some kind of update on what they plan on doing with the code 65 line. they have a winner here, i hope they keep it. i can join code 55 for sidings and yards with just a tad of filing. sorry for the rambling.......
Over the past winter, the FWC RR was started in my basement computer/furnace room. All the benchwork was completed and most track was laid. I am retiring from my job at the end of August, so I plan on spending a lot more time fine tuning the trackwork & turnouts, before starting on scenery.
I have attached a link to photos showing the layout as it sits now. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=371263&id=845860003&l=8242a16f10
merle haggard. i dug out and bunch of old records i had when i was a kid in the late 60's. same ones i listened to when i got my first postage stamp trains set. old memories, new (and way better) n scale
I am as guilty as guilty can get. Just run out of time with having to mow grass, take care of the little girl, one full-and-a-quarter time job, one part-time job, and it is getting close to antique tractor shows. Something has to give. Unfortunately it is the MRR, just wish that there was 30 hours in a day. I guess that is what winter time is for (and rainy nasty days).
Edit: OOOPS, didn't realize this was the N-scale page. I guess I am not one of the guilty for this page atleast
Threw together a new bridge that I picked up from Monroe Models at the National Train Show and a grain elevator that's been laying around. Thank God for severe thunderstorms I guess!