ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Another rattle can tip is rotating the nozzle. Many Krylon cans now come with rotatable nozzles set to spray a vertical stream. Rotating the nozzle one quarter turn to spray a horizontal stream makes it easier to spray something like track.
Check the nozzle to see if it is molded as one piece (the old familiar nozzle) or if it is 2 or more pieces. New ones may rotate.
When you wear out the tip on a paint pen you can pull out the felt tip & turn it around & it gives a new end to use on your track. At least most pens you can do that with. try it.
I tried paint pens on my track & I used up about 6 of them in a short time. To be able to do over 600 ft. of track I figured it wasn't worth using paint pens, now, I only use paint brushes. I take a brush w/long bristles & cut the bristles in half w/a pair of sharp scissors. Works a lot better on metal. I use the cheap brushes that you buy in a 10 pack for a buck at most Dollar Stores. I also do the same thing w/a brush for painting hand rails on engines.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)