Rapido Trains CP Rail Angus Vans Arrive

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


JDL56

Member
IMG_2695.png


When Jason Shron started Rapido Trains, I told him I was sorry I couldn't support him financially.

Since my layout is set in the mid-1990s in the Canadian prairies, I don’t need the kinds of things that Rapido is best known for—VIA and CN smooth side passenger cars, LRCs, steam gennies or F units.

But, I told him, if you ever bring out a prototypical CP Rail Angus caboose (or van, as they are called in Canada), I’m in.

Well, as most people know, Jason did just that, and today I am the proud owner of two of these fine models. Since I model the post-van period, they will be on display in the engine yard area on the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision. But I'm sure they'll get to take a few trips around the layout, too, just for old time's sake.

John Longhurst, Winnipeg
http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.com/

IMG_2667.png
 


IMG_2695.png


When Jason Shron started Rapido Trains, I told him I was sorry I couldn't support him financially.

Since my layout is set in the mid-1990s in the Canadian prairies, I don’t need the kinds of things that Rapido is best known for—VIA and CN smooth side passenger cars, LRCs, steam gennies or F units.

But, I told him, if you ever bring out a prototypical CP Rail Angus caboose (or van, as they are called in Canada), I’m in.

Well, as most people know, Jason did just that, and today I am the proud owner of two of these fine models. Since I model the post-van period, they will be on display in the engine yard area on the CP Rail Manitoba & Minnesota Subdivision. But I'm sure they'll get to take a few trips around the layout, too, just for old time's sake.

John Longhurst, Winnipeg
http://cprailmmsub.blogspot.com/

IMG_2667.png

Nice models! Are you going to weather one of them? I got one of their steam generators this past spring:
 
Weather them??
He's most likely going to stroke the numbers out and write W/A across them!
(denotes scrapping) :(
Sooner or later they'll end up at my door! :p
 
They look great. As for having a use for them on the layout you canprobably claim they're being used on local freights especially ones that may have to travel backwards for long distances.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top