Railroad Shop completed

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Motley

Active Member
I've been working on the Walthers Railroad Shop the last few weeks. Finally completed it today.

Installed the crane, interior lights, and interior details.

Next step is the Sanding & Fueling racks to be just outside the shop.

P1010324.jpg


P1010323.jpg


P1010325.jpg


P1010338.jpg


P1010332.jpg


P1010331.jpg
 


Nice work, I like it. The lighting looks great. And you remembered the inspection pits. Real good job.
 
I appreciate all the great feedback!

For the lights I used are the minatronics 16v 2.4mm incandescent bulbs, that I have hooked up to DC controller.

Since the rail shop, roundhouse, turntable are all in a corner area, I'm going to go ahead and do the ground cover. Before I lay more track.
 
Great job Motley! What kit is that?
If you run a strip of brick sheet along the floor under the windows on the inside it'll really dress it up. I learned that with my shop.
 


I appreciate all the great feedback!

For the lights I used are the minatronics 16v 2.4mm incandescent bulbs, that I have hooked up to DC controller.

Since the rail shop, roundhouse, turntable are all in a corner area, I'm going to go ahead and do the ground cover. Before I lay more track.
 
I have the Car Shop and the Engineer's Office from that series to build. Still need to buy the Railroad Shop.
What color paint did you use for the exterior?
 
I have the Car Shop and the Engineer's Office from that series to build. Still need to buy the Railroad Shop.
What color paint did you use for the exterior?

I used Floquil Box Car Red. And then I used Drywall Mud, thinned with water for the mortor lines. When it dries just wipe it off with a damp rag.
 
Great job Motley! What kit is that?
If you run a strip of brick sheet along the floor under the windows on the inside it'll really dress it up. I learned that with my shop.

That's a great idea. I should have painted the inside walls, but now its too late.

Let me see some pics of your interior?

The kit is Walthers Railroad Shop.
 
i dont know motely, i need to see it in person so why dont i send you my address & you ship it to me ..... then i will give you an honest assesment ,ahh thats the least i can do :) :)
 
i dont know motely, i need to see it in person so why dont i send you my address & you ship it to me ..... then i will give you an honest assesment ,ahh thats the least i can do :) :)

LOL it sounds like you need one for all your Big Boys.

I'm heart broken right now from today's game. :(
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top