Railroad Poll

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Which roadname would YOU rather use for a layout?


  • Total voters
    284
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always be a Chessie fan for the prototypical things. So if I were actually modeling a prototypical era I'd do the late 80's when the Chessie/SCL/L&N merger was taking place to create CSX.
 
I picked the UP. They have a lot of history behind them, they run in my home state (HQ about 60 miles from me actually), and they ran some of the best steamers on the rails. (IMHO.)
 


BNSF with a fictional interchange with the CI & E

BNSF is the main hauler on my layout with the fictional CI&E (Central Indiana & Eastern) interchanging with them.
 
HO Layout is short line circa 45 - inspired by The Tweetsie but not narrow gauge.

N Scale is very freelance but uses New Haven locos and caboose due to a connection with a friend in CT (I live in the UK)

David
 
I lived a few blocks from the Western Pacific as a child and used to be at the station two blocks away to greet the passenger trains. I was also a brakeman at the portola RR museum which is dedicated to the WP.
 
I choose other the Milwaukee Road and Rock Island being my second choice.I am looking to model the Milwaukee Road Iowa Division from Council Bluffs to Savanna and include the Rock Island as if the Rock Island had trackage rights on the Iowa Division.Era 1979--1985.
Most likely will be double track.
 
I was building up BNSF and than the company was purchased and my stock was gone. so, I purchased NS stock as it was a great deal and now I'm modeling NS. I don't have a layout yet so it's easy to do anything when you build modules for with a group.

Dave
 


Burlington Northern during the 1980's..I span a long amount of time..but my recent layout has backdated me to about 1981
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top