Railroad Poll

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Which roadname would YOU rather use for a layout?


  • Total voters
    284
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me,as my avatar suggests, L&N primarily,Southern,and Seaboard Airline,with some NC&Stl,TA&G,CofG,etc. Mostly from 1955-1977.William.:)
 
Favorite railroad

I love just about any rail line of the NorthEast. But recently became interested in The Cincinnati & Lake Erie The "Red Devils " ran on this line . Fast As A Plane OLDGETTYSK
 


I have mostly UP models, but also include several of the fallen flags, so I checked "other." Besides UP, I have D&RGW, CB&Q and MP, and intend to add a few of the other western railroads in the future, such as SP, ATSF, CNW, GN, NP and WP (or at least a couple of them). My layout is not a specific prototype, but is rather generic and portrays somewhere in the western United States. There is a lot to like about each of these railroads, so it's hard to pick a favorite.
 
;) Other is what I have to vote.
Railroading is just fun for me and I have elements of several roads I want on my freelance railroad. Mostly following the Southern scheme, so the name, "Southern Eclectic Xpress" keeps coming back to me.
 
Well I see I am with the majority on this by choosing "Other". The Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western RR is a figment type railway. That is: It is completely based on a figment of my imagination. Some of the places are real, but the names have been changed to protect the guilty........ Or something like that. It is based in the Finger Lakes region of New York the first week of August in the year 1925. Since I like Steam, particularly older steam, the period right after the USRA seemed like a likely time period for the layout. There is quite a bit of local history hidden in places......... (just for fun!)
 
I'm partial to Chicago & Alton from the Golden Age of Steam. I'm collecting Alton Railroad, C&A and Alton Limited car and locos from that time.

Why Alton? My first name is Alton!
 


chalk me up for OTHER too. Rock Island and Penn Central.
Its kind of funny because if you look at the history those two had one would say why, but my reason is I wouldn't be into Trains or Model Railroad today without them.
 
I picked other as well. I model the BN and UP in the early 80's on the Camas Prairie. Favorite is BN though.
 
Man this was a TOUGH ONE!! Since you could only vote for one of them :rolleyes:

But i had to go with BNSF....

I also model UP tho, as well as some CSX. Of coarse with BNSF and UP, i model SP, CNW, GBW, and BN. I might even do a little Chessie somewhere in the future :D
 


other...............

Prototytpe:

Canadian national (CN), VIA Rail (passenger)

Freelance/Fictitious:

Saint-Lambert & Chambly (SL&C) and STUB (Passenger)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top