Railroad Pole, with bigger selection

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


What railroad do you model/prefer to model

  • Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF)

    Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Union Pacific (UP)

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Southern Pacific (SP)

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Norfolk Southern (NS)

    Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Burlington Northern (BN)

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Santa Fe (SF)

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Canadian National (CN)

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Canadian Pacific (CP)

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Metra

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amtrak

    Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Family Lines (FL)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chicago North Western (CNW)

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • CSXT

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Chessie System

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Conrail

    Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Southern Railroad

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Pen Central (PC)

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Local Shortline

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Any shortline

    Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Other

    Votes: 35 44.9%

  • Total voters
    78


I am actually still undecided as to which way to go. :D

Major Line: CN

Others on my mind: Iowa Northern, Wisconsin Central, Wisconsin Southern

:confused:
 
As you can tell from my Avatar, my favorite railroad is in the 'other' category, LOL! However, you did mention Southern Pacific, which is my SECOND favorite railroad (and one I also model), so I was able to fit in somewhere. Of course, I also have 'borrowed' power from Colorado & Southern, Chesapeake & Ohio, Pennsy and Great Northern, so I suppose you could say that almost everything I model is in the 'Other' category. But hey, that's what makes this such a fun hobby, right?

Tom
 
Grew up around the BNSF, so I'd have to say I'd model it. That or my fictional railroad, Maple Pacific Coast.
 
TH&B with CN rolling stock. ( which I guess is a bit odd because CP absorbed the TH&B) I do mostly freelanced with a small amount of prototype accents I guess we could call it.:confused:

I also have soft spot for Norfolk Southern there is just something about that prancing horse that trips my trigger:D
 


Freelanced plus

Freelanced shortline that connects to CSX's Water Level Route.

My local transit authority (quasi-governmental) owns the track and runs the commuter trains. They host the freight trains (how's that for a nice exchange of roles?).

We also have run-through Amtrak (Empire Corridor) and CSX intermodal trains.

There's also an online rail museum that operates NYC 6008 and some stainless NYC cars.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top