Railroad history, and modeling ideas

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Nice video quality. I was beginning to wonder if anyone owned a tripod these days.

Great idea, also.
 
Nice video and X2 on the tripod! I plan on doing exactly some of the things you mentioned. I believe it can give interesting character to a scene.
 


I feel like, especially on a modern layout, if you're going for a "prototype" look, you should definitely have one (or a few) "out of service" industries. Because in real life, sometimes just to get to one industry that's active, you'll have to pass one, two, three or even more out-of-service spurs. Sometimes the switch is still there, just orange-locked. Sometimes one or more points has been removed... sometimes the switch is totally gone, but the spur still exists just off to the side of the main, rusted and overgrown with weeds, small trees, etc. Sometimes all that's left are the ties.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top