Proto 2000 2-8-4 - Cracked driver gears and axles

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mattchu60

Member
Hi Folks,

I have a Proto 2000 berkshire, from the 2nd run with "normal" looking drivers on it. It no longer runs as all the plastic axles have cracked, along with the driven axle. I am not sure what I can do to fix them. Does anyone else have this issue and what did you do to fix it? I heard rumors of a company that made replacement drivers for the 1st run, but I have not been successful with finding anything through internet searches.
 
You may want to check with Greenway Products. They manufacture replacement drivers in most sizes and patterns. Do a google search to locate them.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top