ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I have a Intermountain GE ES44ACwith an ESU LokSound Decoder. I have it programmed for a 4 digit extended address. Now when I power it up I have no engine sound and if I hit F2 the horn honks and the bell starts up, the bell will continue to ring even if I hit F8 to mute it. If I hit the F1 I get two bell sounds ringing. I have tried to reset the decoder with no luck. Any suggestions or ideas ??? I use Decoder Pro with a Digitrax DB150 and a DCS 50 as a booster, a Soundtrax PTB100 to help program. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jerry
Dang, that does sound messed up. I think I would call the dealer.
Well-Known Member
Staff member
I'm not sure how old the decoder is, but I have had a couple members at my club who have had their Loksound decoders replaced due to issues with the sound function(s) not working correctly.
I myself have a Loksound that was purchased a year ago and certain sound features (engine notching comes to mind immediately) do not work - I will be speaking to the dealer I purchased it from tomorrow at a local show.
As stated above, I would definitely contact the dealer you purchased from and you should be able to get a suitable resolution.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)