ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I've been having some problems with one of my Digitrax SFX004 Sound Bugs. Whenever I try to run my train, and use something like the horn while the train is in motion, the sound bug stops and then starts up again like the train was at rest and going through what it does to run again. It literally stops and then starts up again. And it does this for almost all the effects while running. I don't believe this happens so much when the engine is at rest.

Try resetting the decoder back to factory defaults.
I have a BLI switcher that does that, drives me crazy!
I've reset it, cleaned the contacts/wheels/track, checked and rechecked pretty much everything.
Might end up on the chopping block yet.
Sorry I can't help with the bug but I'll be watching the thread as I plan to install some.
Done that, and it still does it
Try resetting the decoder back to factory defaults.
I did it last night, and it still does it when in motion. Does not do it when at rest.
I also just got a InterMountain engine with the Quantam sound bug in it, and it set up and works like a dream, even with a Digitrax Zephyr.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)