Potash Mines

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


leestevenson

ONE TRACK MIND
Potash is such a big part of our railway here in Canada. Canpotex, Mosaic, Potash Corp, Agrium and BHP all big names rarely seen in modeling. Has anyone ever had the idea for having a mine on their layout? I know with 3D printing these days anything is possible. Wondering if I am the only one interested in this topic.
 
It crossed my mind a while back, they're pretty impressive operations!
When Atlas released their potash cars I thought about having a mine on the backdrop with a loading shed on a siding.
Years ago in my past life I hauled potash out of Rocanville and two other mines.
 
The mines are quite the set up. Nothing to really replicate to kit bash for them. There would be a lot of photography and planning involved with even having one custom made. Kinda sucks considering it's a big part of the terminal I work at.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top