ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I will be in Portland, Oregon this weekend for my daughter's dance competition. Does anyone have any recommended train stores? I want to buy a bunch of stuff while I am down there. No sales tax in Oregon.

GOTO Whistle Stop trains, it is a great shop.
Whistle stop was one of the ones I found using google, but I don't want to spend a lot of time driving around to several shops. Thanks for the suggestion.
Yep, I've been to Whistle Stop. It's a good store. There's another on Interstate Avenue which I've not had a chance to visit. It looks to be more "general hobby" than a model train shop, though.
Whistle stop is IMO the best hobby shop in Portland. Hobbysmith is also pretty good.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)